Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Marks

Emer

One of the Regulars
I have one on the left side of my face, right in between my lips and my chin--and it's real! I do daken it because my foundation tends to cover it up a little, but I've always loved it. I think I was enhacing it as young as 12 years old!

beautymark.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
C-dot said:
I have a very prominent mole in the middle of my back, too. But it itches me CRAZY! And my doctor won't take it off! :(

Mabye if I rename it my "sexy mole," it'll stop being such an itchy beggar.

Anyway, I like my beauty mark better :D

C-dot, I had one of those as well, and it drove me nuts. Itched on the edges, and would hurt if something caught on it, like a tight cami being taken off. Plus, it was situated right there between my shoulders in the most awkward spot, so I couldn't reach it to soothe or scratch.
Last summer I had it removed at a dermatology center, and am so glad I did. If you doctor still refuses, look around for someone else to do it.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
My mom had mine removed when I was about 13. The large one on the side of my chin stayed away, but the smaller ones on my cheek came back. I'm quite aware of them, but just now, while looking through my photos, realized they aren't really noticeable.
You can see the largest, darkest one here, if you look real hard.
3579890567_e730ddf11d_b.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
ThesFlishThngs said:
Last summer I had it removed at a dermatology center, and am so glad I did. If you doctor still refuses, look around for someone else to do it.

I might just take your advice. Sounds like you were in the same boat that I am, right down to the placement of the mole. Thanks :)

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
It does, doesn't it? And mine did get more irritating over the years; back when I did long, soaking baths, I'd scootch down to warm up in the suds, and if the mole scraped on the bottom of the tub -ooooogy! Just an icky feeling.
I don't have insurance, but it was worth the cost of removal & the biopsy lab fees to have that puppy gone for good. ;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Ever since I saw Twin Peaks again last weekend, I have been craving the Sherilyn Fenn/Audrey Horne beauty mark by her eye.. (also black pencilskirts, babypink sweaters and saddleshoes to match..sigh).

Tikismall

New in Town
I have quite a few on my face, little beauty marks.

I have one next to my left eye, one above my upper lip and another on my right temple.

A fun beauty tip I got was to use the tip of a liquid liner ink well and dot the tip of a blemish (of course using salicylic acid over it or benzoyl peroxide to prep the skin) it helps cover up a blemish that is rather unsightly and creates a fun beauty mark!

What you can't fix you feature! ;)

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I have lots of moles all over my body, including on my face. I've had several removed off my neck, stomach, top of my leg etc as they caught on clothing and that is very uncomfortable. If you have this problem, it really is worth having them removed.

My moles on my face are on the side of my face, near my chin. You can't notice them in front on shots. I don't colour them in - I don't think about them at all!

My mother has asked if I am going to have them removed, which is funny as she has a colourless mole in the same spot as Marilyn had! Years ago she talked about having it removed and I said don't. I think it is distinctive and to me she just wouldn't look like my Mum if it was gone! lol.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have a rather large mole on the right bridge of my nose. I was fairly self conscious about it in middle school (that and the gap in my front teeth) that I even thought about taking it off myself (the mole not my teeth). Then I forgot about it, and I made myself smile more showing my white but gapped teeth, and by the time I knew it I was in college and no one noticed including me. :D

It did keep me from getting a nose stud, which I *still* want, but it just wouldnt look right.

I have other moles, dark and flesh toned peppered about my body, like most everyone else.

LD

Miss Sis

One Too Many
When I looked in the mirror after I posted above, I realised I have more 'beauty marks' than I thought! Just goes to show you don't always notice things about yourself.

They're mostly on my chin, incase you were wondering!

Delia's Gone

New in Town
I never thought of enhancing mine - I don't really notice it to tell you the truth. It's on my right side at the top of my cheekbone. You can see it here, peeking out from my hair.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Amber, you are a lovely lady! Your husband is a lucky fella ;) Try enhancing your beauty mark, I think it would really work with your features.

Delia's Gone

New in Town
C-dot said:
Amber, you are a lovely lady! Your husband is a lucky fella ;) Try enhancing your beauty mark, I think it would really work with your features.

Thank you sweetie! I do appreciate that. Maybe I should try it sometime! I feel like it would be too bold since my beauty mark is "3-D" and not flat against my face, haha. Maybe I'll give it a shot though!

Antje

One Too Many
Emer said:
I have one on the left side of my face, right in between my lips and my chin--and it's real! I do daken it because my foundation tends to cover it up a little, but I've always loved it. I think I was enhacing it as young as 12 years old!

beautymark.jpg

I have a beautymark on the exact same spot!

I will post a pic later on.

A customer of me told me she had a huge pimpel once, and she had this night out, she made a fake beautymark of it with a eyeliner.
no one noticed her pimpel, great idea

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Antje said:
A customer of me told me she had a huge pimpel once, and she had this night out, she made a fake beautymark of it with a eyeliner.
no one noticed her pimpel, great idea

I did that for my grade 7 school picture lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo