Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beaver Brand impressions?

peach

New in Town
better link .
IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4646.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Peach

Good looking hat, I'll try and get by their plant / store (I hope) when I go back to Illinois next. I hope that had is representative of their current output...

Later

usdiver

New in Town
These are the pics as requested on my F807 but don't have the one where they glued the hat band together. Looks to me like this one is clearly round. The felt is nice and rigid, and I figure will do wonders in the rain... It's currently at the Beaver Brands factory getting "fixed"... so when I have more info I'll give you guys a report.

150408079.jpg

150408078.jpg

150408080.jpg

150408082.jpg

1961MJS

Hi

Beaver Brand
1074 Highway C
New Haven, MO 63068

is a manufacturing place, I was by there on Saturday 27 November 2010 and it wasn't open. They don't appear to have a store of any kind at that address. I'm bummed about that, a nice outlet price would be great on their hats. I think that my Beaver brand hat is closer to being worth what I paid for it, than my Stetson is.

Later

A western store north of me sells lots of Beaver Brand hats with a good selection of fedoras. They are nice looking but extremely stiff. Very round oval shape. The hatter swears he is a partner in Beaver Brand & they have his "custom" blocks from when he had his own shop years ago before semi-retiring. He's a hoot to talk to...

usdiver

New in Town
Beaver Brand impressions

Just to add, My hat that was sent back to the states to be "repaired" still hasn't showed up to the dealer I bought it from... we're talking 5 months and I've been out over $350.00 when I "should" have a hat. Coming from Arkansas I believe highly in supporting our economy but this is takin the p*** and I'm not a happy camper.... Needless to say I won't be buying another one. For those who have had a good experience... sorry for the rant... but just adding my 2 cents.

danofarlington

my Beaver Brand impression

My Beaver Brand impression is like this. Ring, ring. "Hello, Beaver Brand! Can I help you? What model? And what size? Very good, thank you."

Bada bing. I'll be here all week, and do other impressions on request.

1961MJS

My Beaver Brand impression is like this. Ring, ring. "Hello, Beaver Brand! Can I help you? What model? And what size? Very good, thank you."

Bada bing. I'll be here all week, and do other impressions on request.

Hi

Do you call Beaver Brand or thefedorastore.com? It appears that there's a difference in addresses, states, and coupon's, at least from the fedora store.

Later

1961MJS

Hi

I bought this Beaver Brand Stony River at Levine's Hat Shop in Downtown Saint Louis MO this summer. I've just started wearing it a lot. Levine's broke the brim so that it was turned into a snap brim fedora. I eventually had Hatman Jack in Wichita re-block the crown into a tear drop. He also dropped the brim from 3 1/4 down to 2 7/8. I wear this hat with my black leather jacket. My dad says I look like the bad guys in the old movies wearing it. I swap this hat out with a Brown Stetson Temple so that I don't put too much wear and tear on either one.

Left Side:
Beaver_Brand_1_2%20Post.JPG

Front:
Beaver_Brand_2.JPG

Right Side:
Beaver_Brand_3.JPG

This hat is still firm, almost stiff. The brim snaps down, with an audible sound when you put it on. I actually left the feather in this one, I don't usually do that.

I'm hesitant to even write this, but here goes. We have a Campaign Hat Corps, a Sunbody Association, an Art Fawcett Hall of Fame, The Green Machine, The Borsalino Brotherhood, and the Optimo South Side Mobsters. Without being TOO out of line, what do you call Beaver Brand Hat wearers in a politically correct fashion?

Sorry, it had to come up sometime...

Last edited:

Neophyte

This hat is still firm, almost stiff. The brim snaps down, with an audible sound when you put it on. I actually left the feather in this one, I don't usually do that.

I'm hesitant to even write this, but here goes. We have a Campaign Hat Corps, a Sunbody Association, an Art Fawcett Hall of Fame, The Green Machine, The Borsalino Brotherhood, and the Optimo South Side Mobsters. Without being TOO out of line, what do you call Beaver Brand Hat wearers in a politically correct fashion?

There's no negative connotation to BB hat wearers, as far as I know. I don't see any reason to malign them. Their hats look quite good, actually. Sure, they may not be the best, but they make a good enough product. If you can't find a gallery thread here on the Lounge for you BB hat-owners, then I suggest you start one.

If you're going for alliteration, know that Brotherhood and Brigade are already taken up :).

barrowjh

One Too Many
Well, If this started out as Beaver Brand Impressions, then those of us wearing one might be Beaver Brand Impressionists, and what better place to display and discuss them than right here?

I think the brand itself gets away with a bit of tounge-in-cheek embellishment in that most of their hat felts have no beaver content at all. Granted, for comparison to their factory-made competition, their lack of beaver content in the modern day is no fraud, except that the name implies substantial beaver content. Most of the Hatco, Churchill, Borsalino, etc hat felts have no beaver content either, but their brand name does not imply such. However, once you get past this issue, the Beaver Brand hats are at least on par (and maybe better) than the factory-made competition - AND - you can get one customized to your specifications at a fair price, NOT possible with their factory-made competition.

1961MJS

Hi

Well, my OTHER idea for the group would be Beaver Brand Colonists, a colony of beavers being the equivalent of a herd of cattle or a flock of geese. Beaver Brand Impressionist is a nice artistic term and doesn't invoke a tri-cornered hat either. I've been by their factory in New Haven MO and it's not impressive to say the least. Their hats are fine though.

Later

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I've had this one for about six years now. Bought it in a little shop in Virginia City, NV. Still enjoy wearing it. :D

Cheers!

Dan

I'm a little late on this thread, but-- Dan-- that is a great color! What does BB call that one?

I have 2 BBs, sort of by accident, and 1 on the way from ebay, that I kind of stumbled across. I got my first one at TheFedoraStore.com's retail-returns-outlet shop in Custer, SD-- just because Duane was willing to part with it for dirt cheap and it was a reasonable fit. He's a real nice guy and runs a good business, only they won't ship inside of SD for tax reasons, so I have to drive across the state if I want another hat from his store.

My inexperienced impression of BB has been nothing but positive so far, but I haven't been made privy to the fine work of Fawcett, etc., that everyone cheers about here.

bbfedora.jpg
[/IMG] my one and only fedora-creased hat, though many at this forum differentiate between fedoras and "true fedoras" which I have yet to research. I don't know the color name. At first I guessed silverbelly, but it might just be really light grey?

bbocentercrease.jpg
[/IMG] started as the open crown "Classic/standard brim." I gave it a simple center crease and dipped the front just enough to leave a little of the standard brim curl on. Another Ebay find, and it's turning into one of my "go-to's."

The one on the way is a Snowy River, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy