Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belstaff vs Vanson leather jacket

f2002q

One of the Regulars
I prefer the Vanson Ike since it has a one piece back. It looks like a half-belt styled jacket, great for casual wear.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
To the OP - glad you snagged this. Anyone who is early 20's and wants a leather jacket is someone we all should encouarage! The vast majority of folks under 50 only want to wear a fashion branded piece of polyester as thier jacket - even on a bike. Hope you share some fit photos when it arrives.

The Belstaff you showed is similar to one I tried out a few years back. A person at a conference i was attending had one on, and we started talking about bikes, then jackets. He happily let me try his on, and it was suprisingly heavy and comfortable. The leather had a waxy finish and was very pilable as it was already warmed up. It felt like CXL Horween Steerhide feels - rather hard and cold until warmed up. So yeah, I would consider one if I found it for a good deal.

Laurus

Familiar Face
To the OP - glad you snagged this. Anyone who is early 20's and wants a leather jacket is someone we all should encouarage! The vast majority of folks under 50 only want to wear a fashion branded piece of polyester as thier jacket - even on a bike. Hope you share some fit photos when it arrives.

The Belstaff you showed is similar to one I tried out a few years back. A person at a conference i was attending had one on, and we started talking about bikes, then jackets. He happily let me try his on, and it was suprisingly heavy and comfortable. The leather had a waxy finish and was very pilable as it was already warmed up. It felt like CXL Horween Steerhide feels - rather hard and cold until warmed up. So yeah, I would consider one if I found it for a good deal.
Haha thanks, me too! There's a quote, "I'm too poor to buy cheap things" and I tend to live by that. If you're going to buy something it might as well be quality and last a long time.

morrison2951

Practically Family
Vanson for the win. Rare Horsehide even better if you can find one from their years past.

More Vansons in my closet by far.

Bigbawz

New in Town
Well done. I am a big Vanson fan. Comet , Sturgis and Ike I have had all 3. Good choice and an "heirloom" jacket for you. Watch it doesn't get pinched down the pub mind !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112