Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Audrey Horne said:
I'll post it to you if you'd like. PM me if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer :)
But I think my bank account will appreciate it if I don't spend.. I don't have a job after all.
But thank you again :)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I bought tons of the loose powder (you can never go wrong with that), the eye pen in blackand beige and some lipsticks that I did not have yet (Red Hot Red, Besame Red and Merlot) on Saturday. I look forward to trying :)

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Inky said:
I am forever getting confused on that warm/cool red thing, but recently Bella Sugar had some good articles that I bookmarked with just such info.

http://www.bellasugar.com/2572409

I for one have a light/fair complexion, but it can be yellow or with red splotches (good grief, I sound frightening!). I find that blue reds look better on me than orange reds. Basically I have in my arsenal a blue red, a brick red, a bright cherry red and what I consider a true red. I just pick a red that makes me feel good, to be honest ;)

There are lots of different opinions about this, but here is the same system I have used since they came out with it in the 80s....

http://www.colormebeautiful.com/seasons/index.html

I am an autumn, which means yellow undertone and I only wear browns and bricks reds or warmer shades, usually pretty dark as I am super pale..... If I wear a cool toned lipstick I look like death warmed over.

I know it is somewhat off topic...just thought I'd give my two cents!

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
sad, sad day.

:eek:fftopic: well ladies, I'm actually here (didn't know where else to post) to give first dibs on some Besame that I've ordered, that I am not going to be using, in fact it has resided in the boxes it arrived in since I got it, though all items have been opened to ensure it was the correct product and was undamaged in shipping, none that I am selling have been used. I still have a few products that will stay with me, but here is the list of goodies up for sale, prices not including shipping and handling. PM me for payment/shipping inquries.

1. Delightful Rose lotion (two available) $10

2. Dusting Powder (two available) $6

3. Lip Glaze in Chocolate (one available) $7

4. Souffle Foundation in Yellow Cameo (one available) $10

5. Shadow in Socialite Brown (one available) $6

p.s. the only reason I'm selling these is with working/school full time these products will only go to waste sitting on my vanity :(

Sunny87

New in Town
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
:eek:fftopic: well ladies, I'm actually here (didn't know where else to post) to give first dibs on some Besame that I've ordered, that I am not going to be using, in fact it has resided in the boxes it arrived in since I got it, though all items have been opened to ensure it was the correct product and was undamaged in shipping, none that I am selling have been used. I still have a few products that will stay with me, but here is the list of goodies up for sale, prices not including shipping and handling. PM me for payment/shipping inquries.

p.s. the only reason I'm selling these is with working/school full time these products will only go to waste sitting on my vanity :(

You should try selling them on Ebay.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Last night for our local Gallery Night I was in the one local shop/gallery that sells Besame (Nezhoni in Fort Worth), and it was being clearanced out as she isn't going to carry it anymore. I picked up the Gingerbread 1930s mascara, but I have so much makeup at this point I really couldn't justify any other purchases!

Coralee

New in Town
Noir Red Alternatives

Hey Ladies,

I don't have easy access to Besame and I'm dying to try the Noir Red lipstick. Any one know of a close substitute?

Faerie

New in Town
fortworthgal said:
Last night for our local Gallery Night I was in the one local shop/gallery that sells Besame (Nezhoni in Fort Worth), and it was being clearanced out as she isn't going to carry it anymore. I picked up the Gingerbread 1930s mascara, but I have so much makeup at this point I really couldn't justify any other purchases!

I've been lurking and enjoying the forum quite awhile, but this is my first post. I just had to thank fortworthgal for posting about the Besame clearance at Nezhoni in Fort Worth. I'm in Colorado and haven't been able to find what I needed here or online. I found their website and emailed about the Besame clearance even though it looked like they only carried mascara and lip products and I realllllllyyyyyy needed Cashmere Powder.

I got their last two Cashmere Powder Refills in Medium and a Red/Cerise lip pencil! They were 50% off, (powder $10 and pencil $12.50) and even though the flat rate shipping (up to 1 lb) was a little high at $10, I'm still thrilled to have refills for my compact and a back up of the lip pencil. I had managed to stock up on everything else during the big clearance, but only got one powder and pencil.

I spoke with a woman named Jo who told me that going forward Besame is only going to do lipstick in a new formula. It sounds like there will only be 3 colors; Red Velvet, Champagne and a new one that will be a berry red. She's said she's not sure if she's going to carry them because everyone seems to prefer Julie Hewett's HUE lippies. She also said that in her studio she always uses Julie's Camilla Balm under red lipstick to keep it from feathering and drying out the lips. It works well because it doesn't contain petroleum based ingredients, which breakdown lipstick. I should have ordered one but didn't.

I also should have asked what else she had in stock, but didn't think about it until I hung up. The website is easy to Google and there's an email if anyone needs something specific.

Thanks again to fortworthgal!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Faerie, I am so glad I was able to help you (even if I didn't realize it when I originally posted!) Jo and her husband run the shop, they are very nice and have 2 lovely dogs who also hang out at the shop most days.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
anyone get this?

VB03a.jpg

DaisieWilde

Familiar Face
I got this too. I used to use Besame many moons ago (4 or 5 years) but haven't recently.

They still have very little available on their website...at least compared to what they were offering before.

One thing I very much wanted from Besame was the compact. Never did buy one, even when they were super cheap on sale and clearing everything out.

:eusa_doh:

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:

Are they still for sale? I'd like to buy the foundation and maybe the shadow. Pretty please =]

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
New Voluptuous Red Velvet Lipstick Sample

I found this online. A lovely lady (byHillary) received a sample of the new Voluptuous Red Velvet Lipstick. What do you ladies think? I wish I had received the email about receiving this sample if you spend $30 or more on the classic line (it was offered til April 16th...missed it). I think the very left of the picture is supposed to be an image of a lipstick brush, lipliner, and the full size lipstick.

vuluptuous.jpg

vuluptuous2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner