Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

ginny

Familiar Face
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
has anybody gotten a newsletter with an update on more products other than the new lipstick?

A few weeks back, Gabriela asked (on Facebook) for suggestions of which "classic" products people would like to see come back. And she said that there were several that were definitely coming back, but wanted more input. But no word on "when".

Inky

One Too Many
ginny said:
A few weeks back, Gabriela asked (on Facebook) for suggestions of which "classic" products people would like to see come back. And she said that there were several that were definitely coming back, but wanted more input. But no word on "when".

I hope the pressed powder comes back!! i love my compact and only have one more refill!!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I have hesitated in saying anything negative about Besame as I know how popular it is here but this morning I am fed up !! I have blush, eyeshadows and lipsticks and while I do like the colours I have had nothing but problems with the products. I have tossed out more eyeshadow than I use, it just breaks away and goes every where. The blush is so powdery that if I'm not extra careful I have so much on the brush I could do a clown impersonation and nearly every lip stick has snapped off at the bottom. If it hadn't been so expensive I would have thrown the lot out. I sorry to be so negative but I had to vent. Has anyone else had these problems?

Odalisque

A-List Customer
goldwyn girl said:
I have hesitated in saying anything negative about Besame as I know how popular it is here but this morning I am fed up !! I have blush, eyeshadows and lipsticks and while I do like the colours I have had nothing but problems with the products. I have tossed out more eyeshadow than I use, it just breaks away and goes every where. The blush is so powdery that if I'm not extra careful I have so much on the brush I could do a clown impersonation and nearly every lip stick has snapped off at the bottom. If it hadn't been so expensive I would have thrown the lot out. I sorry to be so negative but I had to vent. Has anyone else had these problems?

I understand your frustration GG.
I use the shimmer beige as a base shadow and it crumbled in the pan after a few weeks. I still use it but it's a pain. Same with the lipsticks breaking. Carmine was my holy grail lipstick color but what's the use of having the perfect color when you can't use it?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
GG, you're not alone. I feel like the colors are the best I've ever used, but they do break easily. The merlot is my favorite color of lipstick and the Sweet Pink blush is the only blush that has looked natural and pretty on me. However, because they are so delicate, I only wear them on special occasions.

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
I just received the new Voluptuous Lip Colour Set and its beautiful! I love Gabriela's strong attention to detail. I can't wait for Monday so I can use it!!! Will review asap for you ladies. I got the Red Velvet lipstick, one of my faves from Besame. :) Anyone else get the set?

Blondie

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
I'm glad I'm not alone, thanks girls :)
You are not alone
My lipsticks ALL broke :(
my blush i could'nt even open, tried putting in the fridge ( someone on FL recommended that tip ) ended up throwing it all away.........

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I am actually looking forward to the new lipstick formula, I found the old one rather drying. I haven't broken the old lipsticks, yet. (Knock on wood) Once, an eyeshadow broke, but I did drop it on the bathroom floor.

However, I've had a hard time opening the blush, so I generally hand it to my boyfriend, and ask him to open it.

Problem solved. ;)

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
goldwyn girl said:
I just keep the blush open !!! What a silly design.

I had to end up doing the same thing for my blush and eyeshadow because I knew I'd never get them open again if I closed the cases! I love fancy makeup packaging, but it's pointless when it hampers actual usage of the product.

Inky

One Too Many
Thanks for posting that review, Miss Neecerie! I like that the two colors she tried had staying power. That bodes well for the red, I hope. I am waiting to hear from some members here before I cough up the cost (plus shipping!) and order. I need more red lipstick like I need a 3rd arm.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Yea...same here...I have made myself swear I won't buy any more makeup til I use some up.

The amount I possess is -staggering- for someone who does not even wear makeup to work daily....thus I indulge vicariously by reading beauty blogs. heh

ginny

Familiar Face
Inky said:
I hope the pressed powder comes back!! i love my compact and only have one more refill!!

Oh me too! The only things I'd like to see changed about the Cashmere powder are more shades (I get away with Light, but really would do better with a lighter shade), and more product for the price. I still haven't found a good competitor for that powder.

Inky

One Too Many
this just in from Gabriela on Facebook:

"New shipping policy at Besamecosmetics.com: buy any 3 and its free! Check out the vintage items back on the site!"

the old lippies are there, as well as rouge and shadows.

she was polling again on FB to see what classic items people wanted and cashmere refills were a popular choice, so hopefully those will return - cuz i need some!

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
I've broken one of their blushes before but I pressed it back together with a tiny drop of rubbing alcohol and everything is fine now. I would love for the pressed powder to come back! I never got to try it out.

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Tigerlily said:
I've broken one of their blushes before but I pressed it back together with a tiny drop of rubbing alcohol and everything is fine now. I would love for the pressed powder to come back! I never got to try it out.

The loose powder is wonderful! I also prefer a powder puff to a brush and theirs is just right for dabbing on the powder....which smells like white chocolate! Mmmm

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
I bought the loose powder during one of their clearouts and just discovered it in my stash last weekend. It's really lovely, and it does smell delicious!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112