Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
The new design of the products is very nice... I'm sure (hopefully) they'll have more colors once they get everything up.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
I like the sleek look, however I'm not fond of the shape of the lipstick itself, reminds me of the little kid play make-up.

hopefully they have some new items, and a wider selection of colors.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
The thing that worries me is the satin and glossy finish. Won't there be any matte finish lipsticks? Or is that what they mean by satin?

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
I like the sleek look, however I'm not fond of the shape of the lipstick itself, reminds me of the little kid play make-up.

hopefully they have some new items, and a wider selection of colors.

I agree with you on the lipstick shape. I liked their custom shaped one on their classic line or just the regular angle shape other lipsticks have.

I preordered the kit tho. The case is also metal like their classic line. I'm really looking forward to getting it this July. Whoo! Lol and the new formula sounds good. Gabriela took out the petrolatum ingredient which supposedly dries out your lips.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I wonder why they did away with the original design of the actual lipstick. With the flat edge, it was great for lining your lips before applying the rest of the lipstick. Oh well!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Audrey Horne said:
The thing that worries me is the satin and glossy finish. Won't there be any matte finish lipsticks? Or is that what they mean by satin?

With MAC lipsticks, satin officially means semi-matte, but I think the satin finish is quite matte. For example, MAC Rebel is called "satin" while Russian Red is "matte", but I think they are both matte.

The thing that saddens me the most about the new line is that they no longer have the great assortment of reds that they used to have. The old line really had a red for everyone, and there is only one red in the new line - and it's a warm one, so nothing for the cool-skinned gal. What are they thinking?!

I'd love to see what the rapture rose looks like, if it's as light pink as it seems...

cecil

A-List Customer
Nah unless they've got it in over the past few weeks they don't, sadly. Wish they did though, they're about 2 minutes walk from my house! lol

Ps HELLOOOOO to another sydneysider. :D

Coopsgirl

New in Town
I've been looking for some better makeup, eye shadows and lipsticks mostly, and I decided to try Besame after reading about it here. I found some at this site and it's all half off.

http://www.cosmeticmall.com/category.aspx?search=besame

They have most of the old products and I got the stuff I ordered today and it's wonderful!! I got the brown/plum eye liner, pistachio and socialite brown eyeshadow, gold lame and besame red lipstick (those are the only lipstick shades they have), and sun kissed rouge.

It really does only take a little bit and it all goes on so easily. I have fair skin, light to medium blonde hair and green eyes and the colors I got all looked really good on me. I especially love the gold lame lipstick. It's the exact color I've been looking for, kinda like a goldish peach. Lipstick usually bothers me but this doesn't even feel like I have any on. I just ordered another one of those so I'll have plenty. It looks like they have international shipping too.

Blondie

Practically Family
Hey red Diabla. do you know which red it is ???
when i looked at the site it just says red lipstick and i know they had 3 red's.

Red Diabla

One of the Regulars
Blondie said:
Hey red Diabla. do you know which red it is ???
when i looked at the site it just says red lipstick and i know they had 3 red's.

I have no idea, I'm just going to hope that it's a red that I as a redhead can wear. :D From the picture, it looks like a nice vintage red, so for me personally it could go either way looks-wise. Wish me luck!

RD

Inky

One Too Many
16_sparrows said:
Has anyone tried the new lipstick formula yet? I'm interested in hearing some reviews on the red and pink from the new line.

According to their website they are taking pre-orders now and shipping July 2009, but it doesn't say specifically when in the month.

I am curious too - not like I actually *NEED* any more red lipstick ..... she says while she waits for the UPS man to bring her new MAC Cockney....

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
posted the lot of my besame that's left for sale in the classified if any of you ladys are interested! I did change the prices on a couple of them (slightly different than my previous post in this thread regarding said items), as they are no longer being made, but only a couple of dollars. anything that doesn't get snagged within the week is going on a different site to *crosses fingers* sell.

has anybody gotten a newsletter with an update on more products other than the new lipstick?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112