Besame cosmetics

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by Lauren, Sep 14, 2005.

1. lazydaisyltd

lazydaisyltd One of the Regulars

It really kind of is. I wanted a compact and powder and I can't seem to find it. Well, too bad for me. They have a neat product; I just found them too late.

2. Tigerlily

Tigerlily One of the Regulars

The new design of the products is very nice... I'm sure (hopefully) they'll have more colors once they get everything up.

3. ShesSoVaVaVoom

ShesSoVaVaVoom One of the Regulars

I like the sleek look, however I'm not fond of the shape of the lipstick itself, reminds me of the little kid play make-up.

hopefully they have some new items, and a wider selection of colors.

4. Audrey Horne

Audrey Horne Practically Family

The thing that worries me is the satin and glossy finish. Won't there be any matte finish lipsticks? Or is that what they mean by satin?

5. Vix Vixen

Vix Vixen Familiar Face

I agree with you on the lipstick shape. I liked their custom shaped one on their classic line or just the regular angle shape other lipsticks have.

I preordered the kit tho. The case is also metal like their classic line. I'm really looking forward to getting it this July. Whoo! Lol and the new formula sounds good. Gabriela took out the petrolatum ingredient which supposedly dries out your lips.

6. ITG

ITG Call Me a Cab

I wonder why they did away with the original design of the actual lipstick. With the flat edge, it was great for lining your lips before applying the rest of the lipstick. Oh well!

7. Laura Chase

Laura Chase One Too Many

With MAC lipsticks, satin officially means semi-matte, but I think the satin finish is quite matte. For example, MAC Rebel is called "satin" while Russian Red is "matte", but I think they are both matte.

The thing that saddens me the most about the new line is that they no longer have the great assortment of reds that they used to have. The old line really had a red for everyone, and there is only one red in the new line - and it's a warm one, so nothing for the cool-skinned gal. What are they thinking?!

I'd love to see what the rapture rose looks like, if it's as light pink as it seems...

8. lefabulexmia

lefabulexmia New in Town

does anyone known if besame is stocked in australia? i really want to try some of there lipsticks and nothing ever comes up on ebay : (

9. goldwyn girl

goldwyn girl One Too Many

It is, I just can't recall where in Sydney, the Glamourpuss store may be the one I'm thinking of.

10. lefabulexmia

lefabulexmia New in Town

thanks goldwyn girl i will have a look in glamourpuss next time im there hopefully they will have it

11. cecil

cecil A-List Customer

Nah unless they've got it in over the past few weeks they don't, sadly. Wish they did though, they're about 2 minutes walk from my house! lol

Ps HELLOOOOO to another sydneysider. :D

12. Coopsgirl

Coopsgirl New in Town

I've been looking for some better makeup, eye shadows and lipsticks mostly, and I decided to try Besame after reading about it here. I found some at this site and it's all half off.

http://www.cosmeticmall.com/category.aspx?search=besame

They have most of the old products and I got the stuff I ordered today and it's wonderful!! I got the brown/plum eye liner, pistachio and socialite brown eyeshadow, gold lame and besame red lipstick (those are the only lipstick shades they have), and sun kissed rouge.

It really does only take a little bit and it all goes on so easily. I have fair skin, light to medium blonde hair and green eyes and the colors I got all looked really good on me. I especially love the gold lame lipstick. It's the exact color I've been looking for, kinda like a goldish peach. Lipstick usually bothers me but this doesn't even feel like I have any on. I just ordered another one of those so I'll have plenty. It looks like they have international shipping too.

13. Red Diabla

Red Diabla One of the Regulars

WOOHOO!

Thanks for the tip, I just ordered two of the eyeshadows and a red lipstick!

RD:D

14. Blondie

Blondie Practically Family

Hey red Diabla. do you know which red it is ???
    when i looked at the site it just says red lipstick and i know they had 3 red's.

15. Red Diabla

Red Diabla One of the Regulars

I have no idea, I'm just going to hope that it's a red that I as a redhead can wear. :D From the picture, it looks like a nice vintage red, so for me personally it could go either way looks-wise. Wish me luck!

RD

16. Coopsgirl

Coopsgirl New in Town

Blondie, it's the Besame Red that they have at cosmeticmall.com. It seems to be one of their more popular shades judging by the posts in this thread. Another site http://www.babygirlboutique.com/besame-cosmetics.html has more variety but their stuff is still full price.

17. Blondie

Blondie Practically Family

Thanks Coopsgirl !!!!

18. 16_sparrows

16_sparrows Vendor

Has anyone tried the new lipstick formula yet? I'm interested in hearing some reviews on the red and pink from the new line.

19. Inky

Inky One Too Many

According to their website they are taking pre-orders now and shipping July 2009, but it doesn't say specifically when in the month.

I am curious too - not like I actually *NEED* any more red lipstick ..... she says while she waits for the UPS man to bring her new MAC Cockney....

20. ShesSoVaVaVoom

ShesSoVaVaVoom One of the Regulars

posted the lot of my besame that's left for sale in the classified if any of you ladys are interested! I did change the prices on a couple of them (slightly different than my previous post in this thread regarding said items), as they are no longer being made, but only a couple of dollars. anything that doesn't get snagged within the week is going on a different site to *crosses fingers* sell.

has anybody gotten a newsletter with an update on more products other than the new lipstick?