Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besides Pop?

dostacos

Practically Family
at home, breakfast is water, then more water until lunch with lunch a diet Dr Pepper, followed by another 24oz of water then another Diet Dr Pepper for dinner with another 24+oz of water.

I have at least 72oz of water a day and the diet drink never draws ants when you spill it:D

towndrunk

New in Town
coffee -all day long. can't wake up or go to sleep without it.
unsweetened black tea if i'm eating
if i'm not drinking coffee i'm drinking mineral water or scotch or both.
home made root beer is ok but it's rare that i get to partake of it anymore

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I don't really drink soda much at all, but I gotta say that when I do, you can't beat Diet Mountain Dew.

But mostly I drink coffee and tea and lots and lots of water. Diet lemonade is all right too, but my coffee is what I can't live without.

LadyStardust said:
As far as soft drinks go, the only brand that exists, in my opinion, is Coke.
Obviously, Miss S, you've never had a Frosty Pepper--a Dr Pepper-and-icecream delight you can only get in Waco, Texas. Mmmmm.... steady supply of those and I'd swear off both that blue-branded Yankee beverage and the red-canned stuff from Atlanta forever...

KL15

One of the Regulars
I like Coca-Cola. I agree with Lizzie, no diet, no caffiene free, and no sugar free. I try to stay away from it if I can, but hey I'm weak. Other than that, I live in the south, sweet iced tea is the house wine of the south so I've been on that as long as I can remember. I like Merlot with red meats. I like some beer. And I love Martini's, Manhattans, cognac, and scotch. For breakfast it's usually coffee or V8 smoothies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
COKE! I started drinking it in my baby bottle! I'm definitely addicted to it. When I was in the army doing field exercises in the mountains of west point I saw a small red glow two ridges away. It was the glow of a coke machine at a camp they were using for boy scout camp. I took a half a squad and went at least 5 miles over 2 ridges to that coke machine. We snuck into the camp unnoticed (little scouts might have panicked) and cleaned that machine out. We paid for them though. We walked all the way back to our encampment and drank the best coke i ever had. We had been in the field for 2 weeks by then so drinking them was like being drunk. I a trying to cut back now though. seems to give me migraines now if I have too much.:(

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
Obviously, Miss S, you've never had a Frosty Pepper--a Dr Pepper-and-icecream delight you can only get in Waco, Texas. Mmmmm.... steady supply of those and I'd swear off both that blue-branded Yankee beverage and the red-canned stuff from Atlanta forever...

Ah, but see, that's sort of cheating, no? Because the ice cream is an addition to the soda. I'm talking about just taking it straight, and nothing tops Coke for me. It's kind of sad actually, if I go to a restaurant, I automatically ask for a Coke, and if they say those dreaded words "I'm sorry, we only have Pepsi", my face literally falls, and my mood will slightly sour.

But Dr. Pepper's not bad. It's fairly popular here, along with another native soda, Cheerwine. Now that one people are obsessed with here! I don't get it. [huh]

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
Cheating? About the only carbonated beverage I drink straight is Canada Dry's Bitter Lemon or Collins Mixer--loads of puckery goodness.:eek: Everything else gets spiked with a dash of lemon, lime or grapefruit juice, except the previously-mentioned...lol

Goodness, you must have a digestive tract of steel! I could not handle so much acidity.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Boy, I used to loooove that Bitter Lemon — basically tonic water with heavy lemon flavor added. Then came Teh Diabeetus, and they don't make that stuff sugar free. Now I make my own bitter drink, with diet tonic and great glugs of lemon (or lime) juice.

I like Diet Pepsicoke now, too, sorta. Used to be you couldn't get me within 15 feet of the stuff.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Strong coffee for breakfast, Schweppes mineral water, and soy milk ( i love soy milk). :)

I used to drink Diet Coke a lot but not any more.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I know, I loved the carmel creme.....sigh.

I am an admitted caffiene/soda addict. At work I drink alot of crystal light type drinks, mainly lemonades. Low caloric, low fat, and since they are sour they make ya thirsty and drink more. Thats deffinate;ly what I need since I am not a fan of plain H2o.

Quigley Brown said:
For the past year Pepsi had a line out called 'Pepsi Jazz.' It was Diet Pepsi mixed with strawberry flavoring or one mixed with caramel creme. I drank that stuff like it was going out of style...and it apparently has as I can't find the stuff anywhere anymore.:cry:

Kishtu

Practically Family
Pepsi Max, by the litre ;)

I sometimes like Coke Zero, but I have to be in the mood...

But my current thing is Vimto!! I love Vimto!! I don't know if you have it in the US but it's a sort of blackcurrant-y, grape-y, mixed-fruit-y squash drink and you can have it hot or cold (the hot variant is a North of England thing I think...)

it's just the best! and it's got tons of Vitamin C in it!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Strong tea in the morning, ordinary tap-water at lunchtime and the same at dinnertime.
Except in the weekends, where the water is in smaller glasses and the redwine takes over at dinnertime. A weekend lunch might also include a pint of good ale/lager instead of water.

In between a few mugs of coffe.
That's about it. Cheers.

CherryCake

New in Town
At our house we drink tea or orange juice for breakfast and then water all day long. Sometimes a cup of the in the evening too.
Maybe a can of Coca Cola once a week, when we go out to eat or having a board game evening with my parents in-law.
We never drink diet sodas, just the real stuff. I rather get some sugar in my body than dangerous chemicals. Just walk an extra mile and brush your teeth ;)

Yeah, and NO bottle water!

Edward

Bartender
I try never to touch a non-diet option. Used to go through gallons of Diet coke (Coke Zero tastes vile - despite the fact that I still hold to thed notion Coke Zero and Pepsi Max are basically the diet versions rebranded for me who are insecure about their own heterosexuality - I would avoid them on principle where the Diet option is available due to their marketing). I have for some time though been donig my best to avoid CocaCola company products altogether - I don't care for their laissez faire atttidue to some of the things that are reported to have gone on in the bottling plants they use in South America. I an trying to back off on carbonated drinks in general big time to help reduce the bloat I am prone to. It's quite the wrench, but it'll be worth it if i don't look fat all the time.

Flivver

Practically Family
I drink water most of the time...tap water, not the fancy out-of-the-bottle stuff. I used to drink a lot of milk, but about five years ago I suddenly developed an intolerance for it. I don't get it...other dairy products are still no problem.

For soft drinks, I prefer Moxie, but probably only drink about one liter sized bottle per month. When I'm in Detroit, I enjoy Vernor's Ginger Ale...a unique sweet ginger ale that is supposedly aged four years in wood. I'm told that New England is the only part of the country where Vernor's is not available.

And on both Moxie and Vernor's, I drink only the regular version. No diet soda for me! It just doesn't taste the same, no matter how much they say it does!

By the way, in parts of New England, we refer to soda or pop as "tonic". I grew up calling it that. My midwestern cousins used to think I drank hair tonic!

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
MMMmmmm .... Coca-cola

The most delicious substance possible

With that out of the way, I don't really touch the stuff. It is like having dessert for me, only when in the mood for sweet. Occasionally consumed when I need the empty carbs for energy. But, MAN, does it taste good!!!

I drink unsweet loose-leaf tea all day. Hot in the morning, cold the rest, decaf after 5 o'clock or so.
Right now I have a bunch of varieties in a sort of "tea of the month" deal that gives you three different samples every month, but it was too expensive to continue and I am not sure yet which tea I would reccomend to keep around permanently ...

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Crystal Light Iced Tea

I went off Coke cold turkey about a month ago, not knowing the effects of caffeine withdrawal. I got nauseated, tired, and couldn't concentrate for a day or two. I'd recommend slowly weaning yourself off if you want to stop.

Now I drink Crystal Light iced tea and peach tea. It's low in caffeine, has no sugar, and it tastes great (not like Nestea). Oh, and it costs 10 cents per 8 oz serving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner