Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Golden Era Movie to watch for my Psychology report?

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Hi Ya'll,

I have to write a report for my Psychology class. The report has to be about a movie. The movie has to be have disorder in it related to psychology. Anyway, I had considered Best Years of Our Lives for post tramatic stress, but I'm not sure I want to use it. Any ideas folks?

beth

Familiar Face
Yes, Alfred Hitchcock films, such as Marnie and Spellbound came to mind, but I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for. :)

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The Seventh Veil. Peeping Tom. So Long At The Fair. The Manchurian Candidate. And plenty of other Hitchcock films besides Spellbound, Vertigo, and Marnie.

Also early sixties are-there-really-ghosts-or-are-they-imagining-them? flicks like The Haunting and The Innocents. And SF along the same lines: Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Invaders From Mars, etc.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

White Heat with James Cagney. IMDB Description: "A psychopathic criminal with a mother complex makes a daring break from prison and leads his old gang in a chemical plant payroll heist. Shortly after the plan takes place, events take a crazy turn "

That's gotta go good in pysch class.

Later

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I suggest 1944's "The Uninvited," w/ Ray Milland: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037415/

My memory says it wasn't a standard haunted-house, creepy, scare story. The mystery is why the dead girl is haunting the house, and I believe it turns on her character and psychology, when she was alive, that is. If anybody has seen it more recently, chime in.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Lost Weekend - Ray Milland battling alcoholism
Sybil - Sally Field with multiple personality disorder
Possessed - Joan Crawford wandering the streets of LA with amnesia
Spellbound - Gregory Peck with amnesia & Ingrid Bergman as the psychologist trying to determine why
Shadow of a Doubt - Joseph Cotten as the beloved uncle who is a serial killer...

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I did a report on Vivian Revere (Ann Dvorak) in Three On A Match (1932)!!

How she has it all, isn't satisfied, and turns to a life of crime and drugs.

4spurs

One of the Regulars
Treasure of the Sierra Madre; Bogart as a very paranoid individual; Caine Mutiny, same Bogart, same whackosis. [You'll find "Whackosis" in the DSM IV; seriously.]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy