Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Method for Getting a Great Aero Fit...

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Insurrection is currently instituting a new way to get the best Aero jacket fit possible!

This "new way" actually comes from our years of experience getting perfect custom fits on our leather motorcycle one-piece race suits, whether that be Pilot USA, Vanson, RS Taichi, or Ballistik. For our leather race suits, we use standard-sized suits to fit customers; if the standard size doesn't work perfectly, we'll order that standard size for the customer, but with custom changes. For example, shortened arms, longer arms, longer torso length, a wider chest, smaller waist, etc are very, very common for our race suits.

For our off-the-rack, stock Aero jackets, we order what we feel is the very best standard sleeve and body length, given the jacket style. However, if you should purchase an off-the-rack Aero from us and feel, after the jacket has arrived and you've had a chance to try it on, that a different color, pocket-scheme, sleeve length, body length, collar style, overall size, etc. may suit you better, just give us a call and we'll put that new jacket into production using your specifications communicated to us. This new jacket will be based on the off-the-rack purchase from Insurrection and the off-the-rack jacket will be returned to Insurrection.

This has worked so well for us over the years with race suits, which retail between $1300.00 and $4000.00 USD, that Insurrection is now the national headquarters for ALL Ballistik custom suit fittings anywhere in the United States! With Aero jackets, now there's no reason not to get the fit that you've always desired! There's two words to describe this process: "IT WORKS!"

If we don't have your size in stock in one of our typical stock, off-the-rack jackets, or you already know you'd like something that we don't carry, please give us a call and we'll put in a custom order based on your fit specifications. As long as the jacket is well designed and in the realm of a height / weight proportional fit, we'll use your custom order as the fit jacket, should the jacket not fit properly right out of the box. This latter situation is rare, as Aero is such a wonderful company with tons of attention to detail, but the truth is that not every custom order is perfect for any given individual.

In short, Insurrection is taking the guess work out of Aero sizing. We'll size you, just as we do all of our customers, but if you're unhappy with the fit, we'll make it right by determining what went wrong with the original fit. Your returned jacket, tags still attached to the jacket and the jacket in pristine condition, will surely make another Insurrection customer very, very happy!!!

http://www.insurrectionvintage.com/online-shopping-new-jackets.html

*This Insurrection fit method is only available for Aero Slimfit jacket models.

Faster

New in Town
Damn Wade, this is perfect! No more misses on Aero fits! ...however, my Insurrection Aero is ACTUALLY perfect, right off-the-rack from you guys!

This reminds me a lot of the Langlitz fit guarantee. Sweet, considering the prices on Aero jackets!

Last edited:

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Very nice Wade! Wish you were in LA, but I fancy a trip to SF this year as well. BTW, are you going to Laguna Seca??

We're going to try to make it... my friend Nels is doing the dyno-tuning on Jake Holden's bike, so we're pretty excited to see the races! I'll keep you posted...

CeeDee

New in Town
Wholeheartedly agree, it's just like Langlitz guaranteed fit! This makes a lot of sense when you consider how much we're investing in these jackets. Props to Insurrection!

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
This is the best idea I've heard in a long time. Can't go wrong with it. Fit is the main reason that holds me back from buying as its the most important aspect of an order.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Amen to getting great fits!!! A lot of folks are taking advantage of this type of Aero fit process and we couldn't be more happy!!!

On a tad different note, Carrie was at Backfire Moto, Seattle's premier monthly moto get-together, tonight and found some great people in Insurrection gear.

This couple is simply stunning in their Insurrection-purchased boots, jeans, and jackets. Her jacket is, I believe, an old Schott purchased a few years back and his jacket is a recently purchased Drospo, which is an incredible slate blue!

Backfire1.jpg

This cute girl came in to the shop with her brother. While her brother walked away with a 1979 Vanson and an Insurrection Aero J106, her prize was a beautiful 1960s Bates!

Backfire2.jpg

Here's another incredible Insurrection-purchased Drospo, but this one with great quilting!

insurrectionjacket.jpg

Nothing says cool like denim, leather, and tattoos. Insurrection fully endorses this look!!!

insurrectionjacket2.jpg

The ever-popular Insurrection Vanson PLU-2, which is a very common sight around our parts!

insurrectionjacket3.jpg

Last edited:

CeeDee

New in Town
Great photos. The first four people look incredibly happy and I don't blame them; they look fantastic! Actually, everyone pictured looks fantastic!

Faster

New in Town
I have to tell all that I can't recommend this fit and design process enough. I went to Insurrection a week ago and purchased an off-the-rack Aero Cafe' Racer. Insurrection's Aero jackets are absolutely amazing, so I purchased a 42 and took it home. Wade and Carrie had told me that as long as I didn't wear the jacket outside or take the tags off of the jacket that I could get my friend's and family's opinions on the jacket. If I wanted some changes, I could bring the racer back within the week and purchase a custom, made-to-order Aero! I must add here that the delineation at Insurrection between off-the-rack and custom is completely arbitrary because, for all intensive purposes, Insurrection's Aeros are ALL custom pieces, with all of the bells and whistles that we talk about here on TFL.

So, long story short, I took the jacket home, I really didn't think I could be more pleased with it, but I did found myself wanting some "tweaking" when I tried the piece on with a variety different pants and upper body garments. I found that I wanted the body of the jacket 1/2" longer, which I couldn't believe because the jacket I purchased from Insurrection was already 26.75" long! This is truly the genius of this fit process--you find that you want something you never knew you would want! Less significant, but still important to me, was that I decided I wanted to go with a bit more daring liner choice, the black/white Harris Tweed, which Wade really recommended, and some inner pockets for more storage (phone, keys, whatnot...)!

Here are the new specifications on the jacket:

Black Heavy FQHH Cafe' Racer, size 42, traditional Insurrection design with the following changes--

1) 27 1/4" body length, measured from the neck seam, down the back, to the bottom hem
2) 26 1/4" sleeve length, measured from the shoulder seam to end of cuff
3) Black/White Harris Tweed lining
4) 1" of leather facing on the inside of each sleeve cuff
5) Inside pockets with stud closures on inside, vertical leather facing, left AND right side
6) Black Drill lining on inside of ALL pockets

When I returned the jacket yesterday, Wade and Carrie were both incredibly welcoming and took the piece back with no problems at all. They helped in a way that I believe no one else in the world could with telling me what had worked best with their customers on both off-the-rack and "custom" Aero purchases. I've always been an Insurrection customer, but now I'm an Insurrection customer for life! I have absolutely NO ANXIETY that the Aero Cafe' Racer I receive will be the jacket of my dreams! I can't thank Insurrection enough!

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
That's interesting...I just did the same thing on tuesday, except I returned a Schott jacket. Ordered the exact same jacket you did in the exact measurements and specs, except mine will have red lining. What a coinkidink! What's tweed lining? Is it like a wool?

mrc

Familiar Face
That's interesting...I just did the same thing on tuesday, except I returned a Schott jacket. Ordered the exact same jacket you did in the exact measurements and specs, except mine will have red lining. What a coinkidink! What's tweed lining? Is it like a wool?

The Harris Tweed is a checked wool, which is quite nice!

Sounds like a lot of folks are using this very cool fit method!

Last edited:
I have to tell all that I can't recommend this fit and design process enough. I went to Insurrection a week ago and purchased an off-the-rack Aero Cafe' Racer. Insurrection's Aero jackets are absolutely amazing, so I purchased a 42 and took it home. Wade and Carrie had told me that as long as I didn't wear the jacket outside or take the tags off of the jacket that I could get my friend's and family's opinions on the jacket. If I wanted some changes, I could bring the racer back within the week and purchase a custom, made-to-order Aero! I must add here that the delineation at Insurrection between off-the-rack and custom is completely arbitrary because, for all intensive purposes, Insurrection's Aeros are ALL custom pieces, with all of the bells and whistles that we talk about here on TFL.So, long story short, I took the jacket home, I really didn't think I could be more pleased with it, but I did found myself wanting some "tweaking" when I tried the piece on with a variety different pants and upper body garments. I found that I wanted the body of the jacket 1/2" longer, which I couldn't believe because the jacket I purchased from Insurrection was already 26.75" long! This is truly the genius of this fit process--you find that you want something you never knew you would want! Less significant, but still important to me, was that I decided I wanted to go with a bit more daring liner choice, the black/white Harris Tweed, which Wade really recommended, and some inner pockets for more storage (phone, keys, whatnot...)!Here are the new specifications on the jacket:Black Heavy FQHH Cafe' Racer, size 42, traditional Insurrection design with the following changes--1) 27 1/4" body length, measured from the neck seam, down the back, to the bottom hem2) 26 1/4" sleeve length, measured from the shoulder seam to end of cuff3) Black/White Harris Tweed lining4) 1" of leather facing on the inside of each sleeve cuff5) Inside pockets with stud closures on inside, vertical leather facing, left AND right side6) Black Drill lining on inside of ALL pockets When I returned the jacket yesterday, Wade and Carrie were both incredibly welcoming and took the piece back with no problems at all. They helped in a way that I believe no one else in the world could with telling me what had worked best with their customers on both off-the-rack and "custom" Aero purchases. I've always been an Insurrection customer, but now I'm an Insurrection customer for life! I have absolutely NO ANXIETY that the Aero Cafe' Racer I receive will be the jacket of my dreams! I can't thank Insurrection enough!
{placeholder}

This process sounds great! I wish Insurrection had a shop in San Francisco.
We have Johnson's Leathers in SF.
They offer MUCH more than what is shown on their web site.

They do custom jackets....will sit down with you and design what you want....have different leathers for you to choose from..colors...make you a cloth "test jacket" to check the measurements and design....all for equal to or less than what other companies charge (by the time you figure in VAT you are paying..but not paying....shipping and customs. ;))
A friend of mine recently picked up a custom made/designed buffalo hide jacket that is first rate. Thinking of heading over that way myself.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Way to go Jeff.......keep the VAT rip off alive!
BTW Jeff.............my birthday is coming up. When you go to Johnson's Leathers, if you see something really cool in a 44, pick it up for me please. ButteMT61 said he would buy me a new jacket so send him the invoice.

Thanks man!

coffee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner