Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Wingtip Chukka \ Boot

Bucket

Familiar Face
Does anyone have experience with a wing tip chukka or boot. I'm looking for a pair that go well with jeans and leather jacket, have a thicker sole and do not look delicate or too dressy.

Also, what's the general opinion on wing tip boots with jeans? Does the look work?

Thanks

avsmusic1

Familiar Face
Something from Alden on the barrie last with a commando sole - maybe suede if you really want to make it casual. You may be able to get away with an AE Dalton with a toppy. And if you're flexible on the wingtip and would consider a cap toe you have a ton of options (Wolverine, RW IR, Truman, etc)

Last edited:
The Dalton's are not a casual boot. I ended up selling mine and getting a pair of vintage Florsheim Imperials to go with jeans.

avsmusic1

Familiar Face
I don't disagree that the Dalton's are the dressier of those I noted but, imho, not so much so that they can't be worn with dark jeans.

Bucket- another option worth looking at is trickers - maybe something like the Stow or Malton

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone have experience with a wing tip chukka or boot. I'm looking for a pair that go well with jeans and leather jacket, have a thicker sole and do not look delicate or too dressy.

Also, what's the general opinion on wing tip boots with jeans? Does the look work?

Thanks

Not sure if the look works but I like mine.

9zlhfc.jpg

The more I put them to work... the better they look & feel !

Those are cool!
Trickers are pretty great looking. The Dalton's are narrower and the sole treatment isn't very "robust". That's what makes them "dressy" IMHO.
The LongBranch is more casual, but I'm not sure of the build quality.
I agree about the cap toes....My Wolverine Krause are my go-to! They feel good and "look marvelous" :)

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many

Thanks

I wear wingtip boots and decorative caps with jeans all the time. I agree that they should be chunkier lasts and/or thick soles for them to work with jeans, but YMMV. And as @2Jakes showed above, when they are beat up a bit with some character they work even better.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I wear wingtip boots and decorative caps with jeans all the time. I agree that they should be chunkier lasts and/or thick soles for them to work with jeans, but YMMV. And as @2Jakes showed above, when they are beat up a bit with some character they work even better.

The bottom of my wingtip/boots :
orlzqw.jpg

actor Daniel Craig :

mtwb5j.jpg

the soles on his wingtip/boots make for a dressier look, but it works with jeans.

29njdw8.png

Someone else with suede boots. The options are great.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
The bottom of my wingtip/boots :

actor Daniel Craig :

the soles on his wingtip/boots make for a dressier look, but it works with jeans.

Someone else with suede boots. The options are great.
I bought mine online & not expensive at all.

Great examples, I think it's a great look and I wear both brown and natural wing tip boots, as well as tan cap toes with jeans. I have some dark chamois boots that look like suede that I also like to wear with jeans.

Bucket

Familiar Face
Thank you all for your input! Lots of great options.

2jakes - I love the combat sole, what brand and style are your boots?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Thank you all for your input! Lots of great options.

2jakes - I love the combat sole, what brand and style are your boots?

brogue hand-made Europe Aldo.
sorry
got splitting headache 3 days now, need see doc monday

hopefully not brain tumor...but then yu gotta have a brain...ha-ha.

wish me luck .

j

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bucket, I have the Frye James Lug Wingtip in cognac that, with my Rand lace-ups, are my boots for work. They last forever and are really comfortable, especially if you spend a lot of time standing, as I do.
2Jakes, best of luck tomorrow.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
sorry

wish me luck .

j

Sorry to hear that 2jakes! Hope it is something that just some new medication will take care of!

Bucket

Familiar Face
sorry

wish me luck .

j

J
Sorry to hear about the headache. I struggle with sinus headaches and migraines, which can be debilitating.
I hope all is well! Keep us posted.
Mat

Edward

Bartender
Hope the bonce is clearing up!

I've got a couple of pairs of brogued boots that work very well with both denim and Lounge suits. The better pair are actually Baracutas, which I bought cheap in a sale. Trickers are perfect, though they don't come cheap (unless in a sale, expect to pay GBP350 or so). I would rate Trickers as at the very top of the tree for English shoes - ahead of Churchs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner