Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Better High Res Pics of the Captain America Jacket

Lando

Practically Family
I recall people chatting about this jacket and the lack of good pics but I couldnt find the thread. I searched, cross my heart, and didnt find it so I figured I would just post the link up on a new thread for your consumption. They are big when you expand them and show the jacket pretty well though nothing of the back yet.

http://io9.com/5819518/high+res-captain-america-stills-f-yeah/gallery/10

fb-04442r.jpg
fb-03579.jpg

Last edited:

garzo

One of the Regulars
Nice jacket style, but looking at the way it's torn to shreds, it must be soft lambskin ...

jimmer_5

Practically Family
I'm pretty sure that jacket is an Aero. When you click on the link and look a t the high res version of the fist pic on this page, you can see that the zippers and construction are consistent with Aero Leather. It looks like a Bootlegger with Route 66 wrist straps.

JanSolo

Practically Family
I'm pretty sure that jacket is an Aero...It looks like a Bootlegger with Route 66 wrist straps.

Agreed!

The jacket looks so flimsy because it's completely delined. The leather isn't thin at all just wrecked! The ball and chain breast pocket zip is identical to the vintage brass zipper on one of my jackets and the way the top stitchings been made and how the pocket's been set in looks very aero-esque to me

Lando

Practically Family
That looks a lot like it. Yours is a great jacket too. Didn't even know they did Cordovan Goatskin.

Lando

Practically Family
My fault lol. I didnt read, was just checking out the pics. You did say in the original post it was steerhide. Either way, smooth jacket.

Carnacki25

New in Town
Does Aero have a history of distributing jackets for films? I hope this is a good one though, that last few Super Hero movies have been kind of mediocre.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure Aero does the movie thing the way, say, Belstaff does. I can't recall any good superhero films, they're always so bombastic.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Aero only rarely supply jackets directly to film companies. Many Aeros you have seen on screen were purchased anonymously by "private" customers.
Official endorsement doesn't pay off for them as there are no flashy labels on the jackets...

I bet Captain America will be shit even if the setting is nicely chosen and the props are accurate. From a European perspective an American super soldier riding on a shield with the stars stripes clour scheme will be much too patriotic as well.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Aero only rarely supply jackets directly to film companies. Many Aeros you have seen on screen were purchased anonymously by "private" customers.
Official endorsement doesn't pay off for them as there are no flashy labels on the jackets...

I bet Captain America will be shit even if the setting is nicely chosen and the props are accurate. From a European perspective an American super soldier riding on a shield with the stars stripes colour scheme will be much too patriotic as well.

Metatron

One Too Many
Agreed^ and furthermore, there isn't anything left to be said as far as comic inspired movies go. Five(?) X-Men movies? Give it a break!
That said I do like the outfit of the main female character in the Captain America photos! :D

Carnacki25

New in Town
I have high hopes for it, but your right I never thought about how popular Capt. America would overseas. I assume the studios hope that if they blow up enough stuff then people will see anything.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou