Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bettie Page Passed Away 12-11-08

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Managed to pick up an old deck of "Wolf Cards" about 25+/- years ago. It has a couple different Bettie poses in it. There is such an innocent yet not naive playfulness in her smile. They are just a little bawdy but somehow wholesome. Especially by today's standards.

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
The news just came on right now and said she was in a coma....

Hope she gets out of it, and gets well soon.

Sending good thoughts her way.

Hondo

One Too Many
Its pretty bleak, at 85 and in a coma, she has been in poor health for sometime, suffering. As much as I hate to say it, If it were up to me, I’d let her sleep, go gently into the night, Remember her in fond memories, everything is as it should be, time comes to an end for all at some point, sleep, gentle Angel towards the blue skies forever... :cry:

dahliaoleander said:
The news just came on right now and said she was in a coma....

Hope she gets out of it, and gets well soon.

Sending good thoughts her way.

Dagwood

Practically Family
Mike in Seattle said:
They're reporting she died tonight - click here

From her web site:

With deep personal sadness I must announce that my dear friend and client Bettie Page passed away at 6:41pm PST this evening in a Los Angles hospital. She died peacefully but had never regained consciousness after suffering a heart attack nine days ago.

She captured the imagination of a generation of men and women with her free spirit and unabashed sensuality. She is the embodiment of beauty.

Statement by Mark Roesler, business agent for Bettie Page

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24