Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Birthday Help! Seeking Biltmore Milan Optimo Straw

NW Trojan

Practically Family
My 55th birthday is Monday and for the life of me I cannot find a
Biltmore Milan Optimo straw 7 3/8. If anyone knows a place or has one to part with, please send me a reply.

fmw

One Too Many
I looked at the Biltmore site and they don't have a milan optimo in their product line. That is probably why you are having a tough time finding one. Why not have a custom hatter make one for you?

NW Trojan

Practically Family
I seriously like that raised center-ridge look. Only seen it with them. Probably will have to go custom. Thanks, Lefty and FMW.

149585770_o.jpg

Last edited:

NW Trojan

Practically Family
Yes, I have seen another with it (Bailey panama), but the crown appears taller than the Biltmore variety. Maybe I'm just too picky at my old age. Thanks!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Doesn't every optimo-crown straw have that?

Yes if it is an Optimo crease. It came from the open crowned Panama's that were folded in half and rolled up for transport. Not ALL Optimo's can be rolled though. Just the ones that are made to be rolled up. These usually do not have a leather sweat in them and are shipped rolled up in a small narrow box. Folding and rolling them alot makes them wear out faster than a blocked Panama. DO NOT try and fold and roll a blocked Optimo creased hat that has a leather sweat as you will break the straw fibers. :)

Onward thru the Fog :)

fmw

One Too Many
I lived in Cuba as a kid in the late forties and early fifties. The Optimo style hats were very popular with Cuban men. I can picture them now wearing a linen guayabera, optimo panama hat, sun glasses and a cigar protruding from their head. It was like a uniform. Partagas, el cigarro que gusta mas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart