Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Mike; Wow! That velour fedora appears very luxurious. Something about the felt that makes me want to touch. It has soooo much visual appeal. To that, it is not another brown thin ribboned hat, it IS THE brown velour fedora! Love the hat.

Mike your hat fleet is terrific. It may not be the biggest in the hat collectors ocean, but it certainly is high in quality and diversity. I sound the Boatswains call on the pipe - pipe aboard for Flag Officer Mike! Cheers sir, Eric -

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks D-Dan.

Appreciate the kudos Eric, and I tip my hat and drink right back at you. Love your tastes and dress, you've been a great influence to fellow Loungers (including me) and always enjoy your posts. BTW, I was just a lowly enlisted sailor but appreciate the full boat salute ;) As you and Garrett allude to, it is the finish that makes this brown hat special. Bob is really pulling out the stops trying to revive velour finishes.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mike
This is a Outstanding Hat
Very well done especially the finish
It sure does stand out from the Flock
I completely agree with all the comments posted of it
Your pictures show great detail & it looks great on you as well.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Just put the down payment on my first ever black sheep hat; commissioning it to celebrate the birth of my first son due in March. Since I have a hat devoted to my little girl I needed to get one for my boy!

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Good plan, Matt. I've always said that each new project should require the purchase of at least one new tool. In the case of a child, it should be considered a life-long project and should require the purchase of a hat that will last a lifetime. :)

mrwilmoth

Familiar Face
outstanding!

To help on that end, here's a lovely heather blue bowler that Bob has made for me. Couldn't be more happy at how this turned out. Thanks to MikesPens as well, his heather blue fedora with the sharks gill ribbon is what gave the idea to go to Bob for this hat. I'll be sure to post a shot of a very pleased customer as soon as it's safely in my hands.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Here's a refurb that I just got in from Bob.

This hat started out as a 40's Stetson Royal Deluxe Supper Club Homburg. It was a 6 7/8 that I had Bob bump up a size. He replaced the sweat with one of his excellent Ostrich leather ones, added a snazzy new brocade liner, and redid the ribbon (the binding is original).

Suffice to say, I love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ