Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Jumping back in the queue because I must have one of these heathers. I do like the blue, but charcoal might also be nice. The light grey is tempting too.....decisions, decisions.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Jumping back in the queue because I must have one of these heathers. I do like the blue, but charcoal might also be nice. The light grey is tempting too.....decisions, decisions.

The heathered hat he made me is fantastic, I know blue isn't everybody's thing, but it went with the theme of my daughter and the hat is second to none. The felt feels so cool and light, you will love yours.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Bob sent me a preview of a western milan he's been working on for me

smugshot_7091976-L.jpg

This will be a super hat, I'm thinking.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bob sent me a preview of a western milan he's been working on for me

smugshot_7091976-L.jpg

This will be a super hat, I'm thinking.

Awesome looking hat! Just had an idea, and either Bob or Penman would be just the guys to do it. I'd love to have an Indy Raider's hat in Milan.

RJR

Terry,the Peters brothers website is awful so I suggest you look on Facebook.They do a great hemp Milan INDY Raiders and its on sale now.Its easiest to just call them once you've seen the pics on FB.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks TJ.
Hey if you want a Milan Raiders hat, the folks at Peters Bros make one.

I've checked one out in the store and they are quite nice.

Here's a photo from the PBHats site:

smugshot_4063246-L.jpg

Bob would make a fantastic Indy hat, with his creativity it probably wouldn't be for the Indy purist, but would be very cool, I'd bet.

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
David, your hat looked more like a sombrero last time I saw it. It turned out great and is the perfect color, lime-y, for a brit in Texas ;)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, your hat looked more like a sombrero last time I saw it. It turned out great and is the perfect color, lime-y, for a brit in Texas ;)

It's funny, Mike - whenever I've seen the hat blanks for straws I've wondered how on earth could this ever a hat I'd want to wear.

A bit of magic from a talented hat maker and a wonderful thing emerges.

I'll be thinking of it as the Limey hat from now on :)

89quattro

One of the Regulars
The PB INDY Milan is on sale for $100.

In Fort Worth for some meetings, stopped by Peters Brothers and couldn't resist the temptation...$120 delivered back home is a bargain. Spent some quality time speaking with Brad, and he was good enough to show me some examples of his beaver felts...a bit pricey, but tender like butter. Love the fixtures and equipment's, even the odor of the place was perfect. Felt like I was transported back in time about 60 years.

Side note...first time down in Dallas/Fort Worth, and haven't seen anything but ball caps on folks.

RBH

Bartender
In Fort Worth for some meetings, stopped by Peters Brothers and couldn't resist the temptation...$120 delivered back home is a bargain. Spent some quality time speaking with Brad, and he was good enough to show me some examples of his beaver felts...a bit pricey, but tender like butter. Love the fixtures and equipment's, even the odor of the place was perfect. Felt like I was transported back in time about 60 years.

Side note...first time down in Dallas/Fort Worth, and haven't seen anything but ball caps on folks.

Sounds like great fun!!!!
You should have been there and been able to visit with Joe!!!!
He was such a cool guy.
fedorafestiii169.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I never got to meet Joe Peters. The first time I got to visit the shop was shortly after he passed away.

We got my friend Kate a cool black Stetson western while we were there.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

My Milan Hemp is on order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner