Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazers

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That's certainly the idea behind them. There are those who view than as too "golf club", though I like them myself. I wear sports jackets / blazers a lot more than full suits, for the simple reason that day to day it's easier and more affordable (when the trousers wear out, you can buy another pair without that being the suit "over.")
That's why I always have two pairs of trousers made with every made to measure suit.
Looking sharp! In the photo with you in blue, third from right on my screen, are those SJC Spectators?
Yes they are.

Today is the second of the three appointments that I have with my surgeon, post operation. The guy is a real dapper of a dresser, he always gives me 'the look' but never comments. I know that I will have to get partially undressed so that he can examine the incision wound. So, I've gone for shirt sleeve garters as well as cuff links and tie clip. Not in the photo are a maroon and cream pair of spectators. Although my surgeon never comments, his secretary always does. I couldn't let her down.
hats 002.JPG

Edward

Bartender
Hope all went well with the surgeon.

I thought I recognised the shoes. Navy, right? I have the acorn and cordovan ones; I'm hoping for another run so I can get the navy. Wonderfully comfortable. Still trying to convince Simon to also do a run of these in an all-over leather one-colour body with a Dainite sole for the Winter months.

Twelvefret

New in Town
I think it helps to have reached a certain distinguished age to wear a navy blazer with gold buttons. As I slowly move towards sixty I can wear things I wouldn’t have at thirty. Most kids nowadays probably think that’s what was worn when I was young anyway.

I was surprised to read this concerning age and wearing navy blazers with gold buttons since this has been a go to since college in the '70's for myself and others. Blue blazers and Duck Head Khakis were like a uniform.

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
I doubt you would find many under the age of 25 wearing it in college today. In the 70's I was mroe of a jeans and T shirt person

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
Good to hear, my exposure to college age men in the past 20 years was my son and his campus and blue blazers were sadly lacking

Edward

Bartender
Here in the UK, only the toff set do the navy blazer and jeans or khakis thing as casual wear at university age. (Easy to spot them - just listen for the braying.)

MrCairo

Familiar Face
As much as I love a good glen check sports jacket, I agree there's nothing to instantly make you look the part like a well made, well-fitting wool blazer. I have one navy DB with gold buttons, as well as this midnight blue single breasted, 3 button number. Can do anything a suit can do when dressed up with tie and white shirt, but best of all, can do casual just as well.

WP_20180410_13_20_07_Pro.jpg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Picked up this RRL 100% cotton seersucker blazer that to me has a bit of a workwear feel to it.
RRL 1.jpg

RRL 2.jpg

RRL 3.jpg

Way to big for me though. It is cotton so I am tempted to wash it in hot water and see how it shrinks. Shrink to fit? Get it tailored? Or return it?
IMG_6241.JPG

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Picked up this RRL 100% cotton seersucker blazer that to me has a bit of a workwear feel to it.
View attachment 121620
View attachment 121621
View attachment 121622
Way to big for me though. It is cotton so I am tempted to wash it in hot water and see how it shrinks. Shrink to fit? Get it tailored? Or return it?
View attachment 121625
Probably a stupid question, but have you checked out the offerings on Etsy? Last time I looked there were quite a few. There's a shop called "Placid Vintage" that I picked up a very nice seersucker from recently.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
For some reason I don’t end up on Etsy very much. Hard to find used 44 long. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The Seersucker Blazer I posted on another thread by B.B.

View attachment 101434

View attachment 121620
View attachment 121621
View attachment 121622
View attachment 121625
Those light blue, pin stripe, seersucker blazers certainly have a good versatility about them. You can wear them with an open neck shirt, Aloha shirt or for a little more formal, a dress shirt and silk tie. My missus dubbed this shirt, my plain shirt. It has aircraft images on it. Very droll.
Esther-hat 001.JPG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Love the look. I think the kids would call that OG style.
[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ