Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
heqa2y3e.jpg

negazahy.jpg

Overall, I enjoyed the first episode of the season - the flashbacks worked for me assuming they build on them as a long-arc character development exposition. I continue to think Buscemi kills it in the role - he projects the right amount of intelligence, instincts, ability to shelve morality and street smarts (came out in several episodes last season). That his physical attributes don't fit the stereotype, but that he is so believable, is a credit to him. He is doing a great job of showing a weariness that wasn't there in the earlier seasons.

I've come to be comfortable with the "stay with us and it will make sense" story telling style of the writers / directors. I used to get frustrated when something seemed to come out of no where, but now I know it will make sense if I just follow along. I can't wait to see where they take Chalky this season. He can say more with his eyes than most actors can do with a page of dialogue.

Lastly, the show's period sets and details are absolutely gorgeous. They have not slipped at all in five seasons (as a lot of shows do with details, etc. as they get older). Sometimes, I have to stop and replay something because I got lost watching a period detail - the scenes in Cuba were ridiculously gorgeous.

Anyone ever calculated the average number of homicides per episode?

Murder? We (me included) just can't get enough of it. Leastwise not in fiction.

That sending the body back as a calling card? Now that's some coldblooded action. They've done that twice so far, that I can think of. Maybe more? I dunno. Maybe again? I vote yes. The Irishman in the crate a couple seasons back was a thing of morbid beauty. Maybe even better than the guy with the slit throat and the "Greetings from Havana" postcard stuck to his back with a knife. Keeps me watching.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21