Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bogart robbing a jeweler in Paris

ortega76

Practically Family
A few years ago in Chicago, a guy robbed a bank in downtown Chicago dressed in a suit and tie (no fedora) while stashing the money in a briefcase. He was in and out in minutes, while the cops were left with the description of "African American man in his 30's with a suit". He got away since cops couldn't stop a street full of lawyers and bankers.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Hmmm...I dunno, but if it comes down to disguising your face, a Fez wouldn't do you no good. Especially not if you were in Turkey, mind you! :D

However, if you were to rob a bank and slip out during a shriner parade, clever.

Tiller

Practically Family
donCarlos said:
Nice!

Now it´s time to ressurect Arsen Lupin, the gentleman thief. So when you see in the news something about a robber in white tie and top-hat, you know who... :)

LOL Well that may work in Europe here in the States Arsen Lupin is not as popular, especially when compared to the likes of Sherlock Holmes. If someone dressed as Lupin and robbed something the American press would probably say "Short Abe Lincoln Robs Bank". Or "Monopoly Guy Goes Directly to Jail". lol

Mario

I'll Lock Up
reetpleat said:
However, if you were to rob a bank and slip out during a shriner parade, clever.

Hmmm...not a bad idea... But do I have to bring my own miniature getaway car?
Well, wouldn't that be a sight? Imagine the ensuing chase... People would have to dive out of your way in slow-motion...

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Tiller said:
LOL Well that may work in Europe here in the States Arsen Lupin is not as popular, especially when compared to the likes of Sherlock Holmes. If someone dressed as Lupin and robbed something the American press would probably say "Short Abe Lincoln Robs Bank". Or "Monopoly Guy Goes Directly to Jail". lol

Wouldn't be much different here in Germany, really. Aresen Lupin is a French icon.

dhermann1 said:
He was obviously Pepe Le Moko. Strange to think the French don't even remember their own cultural heritage. Jean Gabin, in the original French version, or Charles Boyer, in the American one. GREAT films, both of them.

alaindelonab6.jpg

Yeah. I was thinking more Alain Delon or Jean-Paul Belmondo myself. All those late 60s early 70s French noir pictures like Borsalino and Co. It always seems the things I really like about a culture aren't very much appreciated by the natives themselves.

Regards,

Jack

Story

I'll Lock Up
Wonder if they matched their purses and pumps?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D98VRNK00&show_article=1

PARIS (AP) - French police have arrested 25 suspects in a euro85 million ($118 million) heist of jewels last year on one of Paris' most fashionable streets and have recovered some of the loot.

Thieves, some of them dressed as women, had swiped rings, necklaces and luxury watches at the Harry Winston store near the Champs-Elysees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis