Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bonnie And Clyde Style Newsboy...Where??

Technonut

Practically Family
Does anyone know where to purchase a newsboy cap like Warren Beatty wore in Bonnie And Clyde? I really like how the long bill looks on the cap. ;) Here are some pics of it... TIA.... :)

NewsboyBC.jpg

Newsboy2BC.jpg

Newsboy4BC.jpg

Newsboy3BC.jpg

fatwoul

Practically Family
Looks to me like a regla ol one-button newsboy, but that Mr Beatty is perhaps wearing a cap that is slightly too small, and wearing it pulled down onto his head further than it should be. The result being that the stiff peak is more visible from beneath the floppy crown than normal, and the button is tugging on the crown.

That's how it looks to me, but I might experiment with my own.

fatwoul

Practically Family
...OK I've tried my own, and I think the main difference with Beatty's (spelled it wrong the first time :eek: ) is that the button that attaches the crown to the peak is set further back on the peak, so more peak can protrude than on most of the ones I have seen.

Having just played around, I seem to be able to get a similar effect from wearing a normal newsboy, and then once its on my head, pushing the top of the crown (where that little knobbly thing on top is) towards the back of my head.

Dunno if that makes sense to anybody else. It's 5am here.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I just placed an order for a newsboy cap from Hat People; looking forward to the results. I guess I'm just hesitant because I know how hard it can be to buy a hat online that you can't try on before buying; still, I have been considering one of these for several months.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScionPI2005 said:
I just placed an order for a newsboy cap from Hat People; looking forward to the results. I guess I'm just hesitant because I know how hard it can be to buy a hat online that you can't try on before buying; still, I have been considering one of these for several months.

What cut did you order?

dean

Speedster

Practically Family
Thanks deanglen and Technonut. Glad to be of assistance.

Dean you know that i have an interest in the period 1870-1900 and it was when looking for a cap representing this period i stumpled upon Hatpeople. I have not bought anything from them (yet).

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I need to give Hatpeople a try, myself, although B!Wear is also tempting.

Hatpeople should perhaps consider new models to wear some of their designs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav