Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boutonniere help needed

shindeco

A-List Customer
UrbanAristocrat said:
I find that if I don't put the bulb through then the bulb becomes more prominent than the bloom which ends up sitting perpendicular to the jacket. Is there a way to avoid this? (I have seen the miniature carnations but was hoping for something a little more substantial.)

But also remember that, unless you're 6'7" or so, most people are going to look down to see the flower. The bulb will not be perceived as highly prominent unless they're much shorter than you.

Wild Root

Gone Home
You know what guys....

Hate to rain on the "Rose Parade" but, this is in the wrong room, this is being moved to General Attire...

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that such a discussion would evolve out side of the Powder room!lol

=WR=

UrbanAristocrat

New in Town
shindeco said:
But also remember that, unless you're 6'7" or so, most people are going to look down to see the flower. The bulb will not be perceived as highly prominent unless they're much shorter than you.

Great to hear from you again shindeco! Please check your Private Messages as I have been trying to follow up with you about my Black Tie book.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Yep, it's a grand book. Well illustrated. The trick is finding a florist who can prepare boutonierres ... or find a florist who knows what a boutonierre is ... or find a florist that actually knows anything about flowers ... or find a florist who won't burst out laughing at the thought of a man looking for a flower to wear in his lapel. :rolleyes:

bk

Precisely why I always picked my own. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran