Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bow Ties

MikeBravo

One Too Many
This is awesome! I just started to wear bow ties and also just found this site! New here, btw. Been watching the best film noir classics all last week. Just finished watching The Big Sleep with Bogart. Really good but couldn't follow well(will re-watch again). Anyway, rambling on here. Found your site completely by accident and love it!

Trouble following The Big Sleep? You're not the first. Apparently the director wasn't sure what was happening

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Something like this?

BKSTWEB10_XLG.jpg

Gadzooks man!:eeek:lollol Not quite that. Think more English country gentleman in his tweed hunting attire. Something that would go with a Tattersall shirt & Norfolk jacket. Made of wool too.

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited:

TCMfan25

Practically Family
This is awesome! I just started to wear bow ties and also just found this site! New here, btw. Been watching the best film noir classics all last week. Just finished watching The Big Sleep with Bogart. Really good but couldn't follow well(will re-watch again). Anyway, rambling on here. Found your site completely by accident and love it!

Welcome to the Forum, Tip!

Bow Ties are the best!
And if anyone says otherwise, they gotta deal with him!
600full-humphrey-bogart.jpg

Nebraska Schulte

Familiar Face
Edward, that is a great looking tie!

I haven't posted for a while, but I really need to spend more time looking at all the sharp ties in this thread. I've only got about a dozen bow ties so far, and have enjoyed wearing them when teaching, to weddings, or to church.
Here's one of my Dead Sea Scrolls Community Rule bow ties from the Dead Sea Scrolls Foundation:
Photo_00012.jpg

The Magnoli Professor Bow Tie:
Photo_00003.jpg

Best wishes,
Nebraska Schulte

Dan'l

Practically Family
Last year the local Macy's started stocking bow ties once again. They must have sold well enough, I bought two, because I noticed the other day that they have a whole new stock of them in different colors and patterns than what they had last year.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Had checked our local Macy's as well and their selection was lacking. One small spinning rack with mostly pre tied variants. The rest were not something I would wear pattern wise. I did see some at our JC Penney's the other day that were up to snuff. Good beginner stuff anyway.

Cheers!

Dan

Edward

Bartender
Very nice indeed! I like it Edward. :)

Cheers!

Dan

Edward, that is a great looking tie!

I haven't posted for a while, but I really need to spend more time looking at all the sharp ties in this thread. I've only got about a dozen bow ties so far, and have enjoyed wearing them when teaching, to weddings, or to church.
Here's one of my Dead Sea Scrolls Community Rule bow ties from the Dead Sea Scrolls Foundation:
Photo_00012.jpg

The Magnoli Professor Bow Tie:
Photo_00003.jpg

Best wishes,
Nebraska Schulte

Thank-you, gentlemen. It's one from the range in the China-based eBay supplier I mentioned earlier in the thread. They've recently upped the opening bid a little, I think (and thrown in a pair of silver-toned cufflinks with matching fabric top - matching the bow, that is), but still good value. I like the look of that Magnoli bow, too. I have notice my old alma mater, Queen's University, Belfast, has started doing a silk bow: if it is the real thing and not a pre-tied, I may well pick one up in due course.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've worn them twice recently. Love them. They exude confidence and style (by today's standards).

While decked out in said bow ties, a judge from NE and his wife said, "You're wearing a bow tie; you must be official." lol

If only they knew! ;)

Feraud

Bartender
Last year the local Macy's started stocking bow ties once again. They must have sold well enough, I bought two, because I noticed the other day that they have a whole new stock of them in different colors and patterns than what they had last year.
I noticed that too. JCrew has a good group of bowties in summertime fabrics. They are worth checking out.

Dan'l

Practically Family
Had checked our local Macy's as well and their selection was lacking. One small spinning rack with mostly pre tied variants. The rest were not something I would wear pattern wise. I did see some at our JC Penney's the other day that were up to snuff. Good beginner stuff anyway.

Cheers!

Dan

Interesting, I was just looking for bow ties at our local JC Penney's but couldn't find any.

Some of the new ones at Macy's had very small repeating animal prints i.e. a navy tie with tiny pink flamingos.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
It sure does count, and yes, quite bright. You make it look good though Hadley.

I picked these two up at JC Penney's today. They were having a buy one get one half off sale and I had a coupon for an additional 15% off. They are by Izod of all things. It was the only brand of new bow ties thus far lat even looked decent to me.
100_7176.jpg

100_7175.jpg

So even places like JCP have something decent if you look hard enough. Then again I thought Macy's or even Nordstrom might have something and they were both lacking in their mens departments. Maybe it is a seasonal thing with places like that.

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Daniel, cracking looking bows! I especially like the blue polka-dot one. I have one in black (unfortunately this draws the occasional Churchill comment; I despise Churchill, but fortunately such comments don't bother me enough to put me off the tie. I make it look good, of course. ;) ), still looking for a blue.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto