Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bow Ties

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
And the latest acquisition. It was advertised as brown with geometric pattern, but it is more of a plumb color with a geometric pattern. Either way it looks good and I'm happy with it.
100_7196.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

TCMfan25

Practically Family
If you're referring to the shirt collar I'd say it's perfect. Most men wear their shirt collars waaaaaay too loose these days.

OV1.jpg

No, the collar is perfect, that is how I wear mine. I am referring to the cut of the suit, popular in the 20's, the "impossibly emaciated" look.

Espee

Practically Family
Ross Dress for Less has joined the bow tie revival, but not at quite such a low price as similar stores. For 12.99 some of them have Tommy Hilfiger, which are slightly distinctive in that the ends are wider than the widest part of the curved section.
And for the same price you can get "Original Penguin by Munsingwear" which are a "typical late 1950s" narrow size.

juggles

New in Town
When I got married, I gave black bow ties to all the men in the wedding party as gifts. Turns out, I was the only one who knew how to tie them. So shortly before the ceremony, I had to tie everyone's ties, including my dad's and my soon to be father-in-laws's. I found it impossible to tie them while facing the person, so I stood behind them facing a mirror and reached over their shoulders.

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
I've always thought bow ties were sharp. Got my first one recently to wear with a seersucker suit. Problem is after much practice, I still can't tie it properly. Anyone got any suggestions?

Dubya

One of the Regulars
[video=youtube_share;VJv4Qh7zR3E]http://youtu.be/VJv4Qh7zR3E[/video]

Works every time. :D

You Sir, are a bloody star!
I have spent ages trying to tie a bowtie properly, and it's always ended up more like a noose than a bow. But after watching that clip it took me a couple of minutes and I can tie one every time, no problem!

Cheers Old Boy! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR