Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bow Ties

Espee

Practically Family
T.J. Maxx has a few bow ties for $7.99. I saw one on a clearance rack for $5.00. Then I realized it was only half the tie. "You can't go wrong, for five bucks!" Well maybe you could.
Hmmm... if you ruined the other half of another similiar tie, you could mix-and-match and be a trendsetter.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I might have to try this. There a couple bowties I have that are already a bit loud and clownish, might as well go all the way.

Dubya

One of the Regulars

Espee

Practically Family
Jeebus! :shocked:

Who the bloody hell is Howdy Doody??
Nonetheless, a superb quality item to be worn with pride!.......................err?..................probably?? [huh]:laugh:
Howdy Doody was a puppet TV star for the kiddies of the USA from about 1948 to 1960, along with his human pal "Buffalo Bob Smith."
At this time the English kiddies were going to "pantomime shows" and waving their hankies in the air while singing along to "On Windmill Hill" (or so I've been told.)

TCMfan25

Practically Family

Dubya

One of the Regulars
Creepy Creepy Creepy!

I just watched Dead of Night (1945), and there was this creepy creepy scary ventriliquist puppet driving Michael Redgrave insane... I hate dolls:p

Cor, I remember seeing that film when I was a nipper! I remember the ventriloquist in the prison cell with his puppet "speaking" to him, and the camera pans away from the prison bars with him screaming for help (if memory serves).
I'm with you mate! Ventriloquist dummies give me the heebie jeebies even now! :eeek:

I think that was the film anyway.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Howdy Doody was really pretty much the first commercially successful (meaning actually making money) television show ever. Of course it was idiocy aimed at kids, but as a 5 year old in 1952, I ate it up. They did some pretty wild stuff, and there was frequently a wink at the grownups.
I think part if the campy charm of the tie is that it is a clip on. I'm expecting to maybe need to put in a longer length of elastic to fit my grown up neck. Pics eventually. I'm looking forward to the reaction when I wear it to work. :)

TCMfan25

Practically Family
Cor, I remember seeing that film when I was a nipper! I remember the ventriloquist in the prison cell with his puppet "speaking" to him, and the camera pans away from the prison bars with him screaming for help (if memory serves).
I'm with you mate! Ventriloquist dummies give me the heebie jeebies even now! :eeek:

I think that was the film anyway.

Your memory serves you indeed.

Espee

Practically Family
I don't know if it's in the film version too, but in a radio adaptation of the ventriloquist story from "Dead of Night," one of the jokes in the stage act was about a guy who goes to court to have his name changed from Joe Hitler. To: Frank Hitler. Because he's tired of everyone saying, "Hello Joe, what d'ya know?"

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
747be4af-2.jpg

This week's BTF ensemble; the angle of the camera made the pocket square look artificially out sized.

TTO

Familiar Face
Batwings are straight across the blade of the bow, as opposed to butterfly bladed bows that dip in the centre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn