Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bow Ties

As it happens, I wore a bow tie today, one of my favorites. I didn't do the best job of tying it, I'm afraid.

bowtie.jpg

Looks good to me. If it looks like it is a clip on then you have failed at tying a bowtie. :p

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
IMG_0348-1-1.jpg

This Friday's venture into Bow Tie Friday. A little number picked up off ebay, from Beau Ties of Vermont. Received several complements, proving that if given a chance, people will respond positively to bow ties.

Dubya

One of the Regulars
IMG_0348-1-1.jpg

This Friday's venture into Bow Tie Friday. A little number picked up off ebay, from Beau Ties of Vermont. Received several complements, proving that if given a chance, people will respond positively to bow ties.

I like that! I like that a lot! :eusa_clap

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
IMG_0381-1.jpg

Bow Tie Friday-ing along... blue suit from Jos. A. Bank, generic white shirt, striped bow tie and pocket square from Nordstrom Rack, picked up by Mrs. H for practically next to nothing.

Last edited:

Magister

Familiar Face
I've recently begun experimenting (successfully) with bowties. I have received overwhelmingly positive comments about them. I like how they don't get in the way like neckties.

davidg

New in Town
I started learning how to tie a bow tie so I could wear a REAL bow tied with a tux for my Lodge meetings. Then I found that once you learn, it isn't THAT hard.. and I could try a couple of other ones. Now, I've got about 4 and will have to start looking again!

Edward

Bartender
I started learning how to tie a bow tie so I could wear a REAL bow tied with a tux for my Lodge meetings. Then I found that once you learn, it isn't THAT hard.. and I could try a couple of other ones. Now, I've got about 4 and will have to start looking again!

More or less my experience. I started with one for black tie. For along time I had no interest in wearing a bow other than for black or white tie, but it's infectious.... I'm sure if you were to dig back four or five years and find some of my early posts on here, there's a lot of stuff I wouldn't wear then that I regularly sport nowadays. I wear a bow maybe two or three times a week, most weeks, now. It's a nice change from a four in hand, and no harder to tie once you've got the hang of it. It's actually harder for someone to communicate how to do it than it is to do once you know, if you follow me.

Twill

One of the Regulars
Great pattern on that tie, Twill. Vintage?

I really like that bow tie Twill, very nice indeed.

Here's mine, recently purchased it at a local anitque store

Thank you, Locktown and Dan'l. Yes, it is vintage.

Great find, Dan'l. I have a few vintage batwings like that, and I just love them. I like the stripe-on-stripe pairing you did there with the tie and the shirt.

Dan'l

Practically Family
Thank you Twill and scottyrocks for the compliments.

Twill, I was a little hesitant about the stripe-on-stripe pairing when I first considered it but was happy with the way it looked after getting dressed.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the compliment. I suppose it does looks similar to a bandana pattern. This is a vintage silk specimen. If you go a few pages earlier in this thread, you can see it untied.

Hmm, I don't know how I missed that one. I've read this thread from the beginning a few times. But now I have something else to be on watch for!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn