Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bow Ties

WH1

Practically Family
I wonder if some of the recent resurgence of bow ties is due to celebrities such as Ashton Kutscher wearing them on two and a half men. He wears them frequently and some of them are fairly nice. Or perhaps it simply a case of if you build them they will wear them.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
One of my new bowties the wife picked up for me black Friday shopping. This is a Van Heusen
112811151530.jpg

MisterGrey

Practically Family
I wonder if some of the recent resurgence of bow ties is due to celebrities such as Ashton Kutscher wearing them on two and a half men. He wears them frequently and some of them are fairly nice. Or perhaps it simply a case of if you build them they will wear them.

I'd give more credit to Mad Men. Harry-- arguably the show's one decent guy-- wears them in every episode in which he appears.

Dan'l

Practically Family
I have one made of wool (still need to post a photo) and I think the wool fabric allows for a tighter knot. Or at least I seem to get a tighther holding knot with that tie than with my other bow ties.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I have visited this thread in the past and humbly submit my first contribution. I was off to an early mornin Mtg. that required me to dress up a bit. Here is my tie and costume for the occassion:

Photo-on-2011-12-02-at-1044-M.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -

Last edited:

MikeBravo

One Too Many
In the pencil mustache thread people have been posting pics of famous wearers, maybe we could do the same here with famous bow tie wearers

I stumbled across New York jewellery designer Mish Tworkowski who has made the bow tie a trademark of sorts. He's not afraid of mixing patterns either

JOE_0820.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner