Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brand of sunglasses?

sparks

New in Town
is anyone familiar with 'arsenic and old lace?'

what brand of sunglasses are being worn in the opening scene at the bus station?

who make s a comparable look today?

CopperNY

A-List Customer
only one i could find....

6a00d8341c3af953ef0120a637c762970b-500wi

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Even if I knew the answer, would refuse to share it with 'Vladimir Lenin' anymore than I would with Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, or Chairman Mao. Methinks a change of avatar might be appropriate to be honest. Mass murders don't sit well in the lounge of freemen, there Sparky! ;)

-dixon cannon

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
It is not a Persol sunglass. It is a metal aviator covered with plastic. The difference between this and most aviators is that the bridge (middle) is one piece of metal (not 2 bars, as usual) & the sides (temples) attach much lower than most frames. Because of the combination, this frame is much more fragile than the average one. I'd bet my bottom dollar it was a limited run that was stopped because it broke too easily. By the way, the North by Northwest sunglasses are the rayban wayfarer in dark tortoise shell, size 47 X 22 with the tilt taken out of the frame. Any other questions, folks?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Look like pretty common celluloid sunglasses that were popular in the '30s and '40s. Chances are good they wouldn't have been marked a brand name on the glasses- maybe the display would have had the brand name on it. They would not have had an internal metal frame, just at the hinges. Probably bottle green or brown lenses. That midway down the lens attachment of the temples was very common at the time. I doubt you'd be able to find anything quite like it in a modern pair.

I have an almost identical pair in yellowed transparent celluloid that unfortunately melted out of shape before I got them.

Here's a similar pair belonging to McFarlaneNYC
4893101970_4282f30dc7_b.jpg

or to dhermann1
Vintageshades.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
dogrocketp said:
By the way, the North by Northwest sunglasses are the rayban wayfarer in dark tortoise shell, size 47 X 22 with the tilt taken out of the frame.
How did you come by that info? That kinda looks like the Persol arrow on the hinges.

train_sunglasses_color_1.jpg

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dixon Cannon said:
Even if I knew the answer, would refuse to share it with 'Vladimir Lenin' anymore than I would with Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, or Chairman Mao. Methinks a change of avatar might be appropriate to be honest. Mass murders don't sit well in the lounge of freemen, there Sparky! ;)

-dixon cannon

:eusa_clap

theinterchange

One Too Many
Dixon Cannon said:

-dixon cannon

I was trying to figure out who that was, it looked vaguely familiar.

Richard Warren said:
Don't look like Wayfarers to me.

Me neither.

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot