Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brass buttons for Trucker Jacket.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Afternoon gentlemen just wondered whether anyone knows of a good source for ‘unbranded’ antique Levi style brass buttons for a potential custom Trucker project.

TIA Lee

Bahabp100

Practically Family
Try Amazon first . They have several choices for reasonable prices . There’s a thread about what some guys used for five star replacements

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I use YKK brand donut type, it has nail like shape pin, after you prick through the fabrics from underneath, clip off the sharp tip, slide in the donut cap, and hammer the remaining of the clipped nail to flare over the hole of the cap to secure I don't have press so I use the head of a nail that fit into the donut hole as flattening tool ( i hammer the tip of the nail). since YKK I can buy them very cheaply on any local sewing suppliers. there is also type of donut button with split nail that coil into U shape, but I don't know if you can use them without any special press tool.

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Folks, I’ve also scoured eBay and Etsy & found a couple of suppliers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass