Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown Tassel Loafers?

sfend002

Familiar Face
I just received a pair of Johnston and Murphy Cordovan Tassel Loafers for my birthday. I was wondering what the norm was for wearing these? I really like them and hope to wear them as much as possible.

I was thinking w/jeans but then what shirt? w/khakis? w/blue sport coat and grey or khaki pants perhaps?

These are really nice I want to maximize their use but not look out of place. Any thoughts?

Subvet642

A-List Customer
sfend002 said:
I just received a pair of Johnston and Murphy Cordovan Tassel Loafers for my birthday. I was wondering what the norm was for wearing these? I really like them and hope to wear them as much as possible.

I was thinking w/jeans but then what shirt? w/khakis? w/blue sport coat and grey or khaki pants perhaps?

These are really nice I want to maximize their use but not look out of place. Any thoughts?

I love J&M shoes! :cool: I would think that you could wear them with all of those things. I think that a shirt with a collor would be my only requirement. What model are they?

sfend002

Familiar Face
Thanks for the reply.

They are Ski Moc IIs, and I really could not be happier with them.

It is my first pair of loafers. After enjoying another pair of black J&M lace ups I decided to try these out. I have been very plesed with both so far. Even resoled the lace ups last year.

Subvet642

A-List Customer
I just took a look, very nice! If I ever scrape the bucks together, I want a pair of the Mixon Tassel in black, or the Aragon II Kiltie Tassel in black. The only thing about J&M that I've found to be an issue are the laces. They always seem to break in about a week. I get replacements at J&M, and thet're fine. Last time I was there, they told me that their replacement laces aren't the same as the ones that come with the shoes. So, now I just buy the replacements when I buy the shoes; it saves time.

Highlander

A-List Customer
I like them with khakis and other twill casual/dress pants. They look nice with dress trousers too. Not sure I'd put them with a suit. Jeans?? I like boots :)

Edward

Bartender
I should think they're more of a casual shoe, so no, I wouldn't pair them with a suit. "Business casual" type wear, I should have thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn