Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brylcreem

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Heather said:
Oh gosh darn, no, I'm in the states. Maine to be precise. Lizziemaine? I hope my husband likes it..perhaps I'm rubbing off on him...hehe

I could swear I've seen it at Hannafords -- if not, do you have a Shaws nearby? They might be another option. Otherwise, any of the big chain drug places ought to have it.

Maguire

Practically Family
I work at one of the above mentioned pharmacies. Every single pharmacy carries brylcreem and pomade. Brylcreem comes in a long black rectangular box with a tube like toothpaste inside. You'll find it in any hair care or shaving section at CVS or rite aide. I get the discount :D.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I wouldn't dream of using it, but Walgreens carries it. As an aside, we're just starting to see CVS stores pop up around here, going on opposite corners from Walgreens, which has dominated the local market for decades...should be interesting.

Talbot

One Too Many
DutchIndo said:
They still make that !? I remember that back in the 60s as a kid. I still sing that jingle " Brylcream a little dab will do ya " .

Brylcreem, you'll look so debonaire

Brylcreem, the girls will all pursue you

Simply rub a little in your hair.....

Heather

Practically Family
Haha my husband wears brut! I love clubman talc powder. I'd love to get him aftershave or cologne in that same original scent but it looks like they don't offer it in that smell. But I digress...hehe

Talbot

One Too Many
DutchIndo said:
Yep too funny, the other day a couple of us "Old Gs" were talking about Hai Karate after shave and Brut in those green plastic bottles.

Old Spice says quality said the Captain to the Bosun,
So look for the package with the ship that sails the ocean!

Back in the 80's I was lucky enough to find an old pharmacy in the Melboure CBD that had lots of NOS hair grooming materials.

I got a lot of Butch Wax for a friend who has since used it all up. I still have an unopened original Brylcreem dispenser and jar in the box. I'm not sure how Brylcreem stands up after some 50 years.

I'll try and post pics if anyone is interested.

Talbot

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Talbot said:
Old Spice says quality said the Captain to the Bosun,
So look for the package with the ship that sails the ocean!

Back in the 80's I was lucky enough to find an old pharmacy in the Melboure CBD that had lots of NOS hair grooming materials.

I got a lot of Butch Wax for a friend who has since used it all up. I still have an unopened original Brylcreem dispenser and jar in the box. I'm not sure how Brylcreem stands up after some 50 years.

I'll try and post pics if anyone is interested.

Talbot

Please post photos! Now that we know where to buy some Brylcreem, where can a Yankee Joe buy some Vitalis??[huh]

Maguire

Practically Family
there is a CVS brand of hair tonic that comes in a larger container that to my knowledge is essentially vitalis in a bigger, cheaper container. CVS just stopped carrying vitalis, unfortunately, but still carries the CVS brand hair tonic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana