Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brylcreem

Talbot

One Too Many
Widebrim said:
Please post photos! Now that we know where to buy some Brylcreem, where can a Yankee Joe buy some Vitalis??[huh]

Hoping this works

brylcreem.jpg

filfoster

One Too Many

theinterchange

One Too Many
I've long been fascinated with Brylcreem, but haven't had the guts to try it for myself. My concerns are is it REALLY greasy feeling once in your hair? Thanks for an opinion in advance.

Randy

Geesie

Practically Family
theinterchange said:
I've long been fascinated with Brylcreem, but haven't had the guts to try it for myself. My concerns are is it REALLY greasy feeling once in your hair? Thanks for an opinion in advance.

Randy

Only if you want it to. I find that a tiny amount gets my hair tamed, but soft and silky. I use a large amount if I want it to gleam.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks Geesie! My joining of The Fedora Lounge has been worth it already. lol I don't do the wet look too well, so that's a comforting thought.

Randy

Heather

Practically Family
I picked up a tube this week at rite aid. I gotta tell ya--they didn't make it easy! It was on the bottom shelf, in the corner and the label wasn't even facing out!y I'm happy to report that my husband is loving it! It makes his hair soft, shiny and defined! I really like the way it smells. ;)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
rmrdaddy said:
I also use another product called Groom & Clean that is advertised as "greaseless hair control". It washes out easily, but can be re-combed after doffing a hat.

Walgreens has it as well : http://www.walgreens.com/store/cata...=frgl_713946&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku374922

I haven't seen Groom-and-Clean in years...After checking out the Walgreens website, I think that out of the Big Three mentioned here, it may be the way to go for me, since it is water rinsable.

Lenore

Practically Family
Randomly, I found brylcreem at my local grocery store in the shaving section. I had to do a double take to make sure that was what I was actually seeing. Sitting up proudly next to the 'Lectric Shave... I wonder if the kids that stock the store even know what it is...

High Pockets

Practically Family
In case a few of you were wondering what they looked like:

000_0002-2.jpg

I use Brylcreem every single day, and it's not at all greasy the way I wear it. I like the smell and really like the way my hair stays where I put it.
The stuff washes out completely with one shampooing.

Groom and clean isn't greasy either,.....I just don't care for it.

When I was a kid back in the early '60's, I used to love Vitalis! It smelled wonderful, so I bought a bottle a few months ago, opened the cap and thought; "What the hell is this stuff?"
I don't know what they did to the formula, but it ain't the same!!

In my day, I stocked and Bought that stuff at K-Mart!!!
Lenore said:
Randomly, I found brylcreem at my local grocery store in the shaving section. I had to do a double take to make sure that was what I was actually seeing. Sitting up proudly next to the 'Lectric Shave... I wonder if the kids that stock the store even know what it is...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21