Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

barrowjh

One Too Many
Swap'n Hat Bands

This hat from November 'been buggin me, a $12 antique stiff-as-concrete hat, made to look nice with a tooled leather hat band purchased at Buckaroo -

One of my fave westerns was looking sorta plain, this 'Cutter Bill' Resistol Beaver 50 -

So I decided to go from this -

To this -

I'm liking the switcheroo, may have to find something else to adorn that $12 navy beater.

jhl1963

Familiar Face
I just took delivery of this guy (with a few bands) from Mike - fit and finish are extraordinary and mike is a great guy - he went out of his way to make me happy. My first hat, but not my last from Mike for sure. I posted it in another section but thought it should go here too. Mike sent me the conformateur via FedEx and fit is amazing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430529295.577320.jpg

RBH

Bartender
I saw this on the Buckaroo Facebook page, so I can now say something about it!

from the Facebook page:

''Here is a new hat, its called the Moore Lite , it has a 2 5/8: brim with a bound edge and a leather sweatband along with the 14 line hat band ribbon, and it only weighs 2 oz. finished
Also the hat has NO stiffener in it, not in the brim or crown

It is so lite its unreal, I have three colors of the 100X beaver dress weight hat."

" I have this (14gray, 14 black and 18 brown. I had Winchester Hat Company make these for me."

11203261_902847539735659_5293957200194534017_n.jpg

Mine is going on the block next weekend!!

majormoore

Vendor
These are lighter than the ones I had many years back, will be doing a brown one in the coming days, there still is a learning curve on how much sanding the crown can handle due to the thin hat body.

Major Moore

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
These are lighter than the ones I had many years back, will be doing a brown one in the coming days, there still is a learning curve on how much sanding the crown can handle due to the thin hat body.

Major Moore

Don't know if I missed it, I saw that the brim width is 2 5/8. What's the Open Crown height, and would you send these out open crowned upon request? Would the block be fairly straight sided? Looks interesting.

Major Moore

I'm guessing it might "mold" a tad easier? As contrasted with the standard dress weight, anyway?

majormoore

Vendor
I can do the open crown from 5" to 5 3/4" , I have #52 blocks and even have some strataliner blocks that are 5 1/2" tall, nor brims over 2 5/8" wide , would rather send open crown and you do you own crown shape.

Major Moore

Don't know if I missed it, I saw that the brim width is 2 5/8. What's the Open Crown height, and would you send these out open crowned upon request? Would the block be fairly straight sided? Looks interesting.

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
I took my buddy to the shop yesterday and ended up with a nice Western. I will post some pictures when I have time.

The Moore Lite is an awesome hat. It is soft as a baby's but and conforms to oddball heads like mine. It looks like I may end up spending Moore money before the end of the summer. Now I need to sell off some of my older hats. I have ran out of places to put them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points