Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buco J-100 in Black Shinki by Diamond Dave

We have talked about pockets on WWII era jackets like the A-2. I (and I'm sure others) had asked about whether the pockets were scaled for larger sizes. I thought the consensus was that they were not, but it's been a while. Noting that on some jackets, the pockets looked huge and others not so. It makes sense for wartime production to be very practical and minimal, but if I'm spending a lot on a jacket, I want pockets that are useful or don't look way out of proportion - accuracy be damned.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well its here!
Here are some very rushed fit pics as I'm on the way out this morning, not what I plan to wear it with normally.

Still stiff obviously as it has about 5 minutes wear time. My initial thoughts are the size is great, fine to wear with just a shirt (like in the pics) but enough room for another layer if needed. I've actually lost just under 10 pounds since providing my measurements and ordering the jacket....just a fitness thing, and the plan is to put it back on over the next few months and stabilise again at about 180lbs. So it will still fit great then.

Sleeves are perfect for a jacket that I will not ride in (as planned).

Chest pockets look the appropriate width ;) and are obviously in line.

The leather is amazing, for those interested it feels a little lighter than the Vicenza.

Overall, I love it! its the Buco I've always wanted.

I'll try to talk the wife into some better ones this weekend.

IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0460.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg

el_gato

Familiar Face
Rear view too pls :)
Hope mine will fit snugger but then I haven't lost weight since the measurements were sent.

Ps. Looks killer!

No need to worry about gaining weight, looks great to me and the sleeves appear to be of a perfect length for riding. That leather is stunning!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That is awesome mate! Very very happy for you. Looking forward to some detail shots. It's a keeper, and a genuine classic.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
great texture on the leather, the length is very nice, and seems like it has a waist so doesn't look boxy unzipped, I don't see any reason why you can't ride / commute on bike in it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
seems like it has enough room for spine protector vest underneath... so sad to have both motorcycle, and cool motorcycle style jacket, yet you can't use both at the same time :)
072114-rossi-dainese-manis-back-protector-f.jpg

Last edited:

Benj

One of the Regulars
Jacket looks dope but imo a bit too long, especially considering the fact that it's a moto jacket, which were historically on the short side!

dan_t

Practically Family
You're never going to please everyone Protein!
As long as you are happy with it, who cares?!

I do think it is stunning & am quite envious. Wear in good health whilst the cooler weather is still around.

Actually, upon closer inspection......

Is the zip pull slightly longer on the left hand breast pocket...? :D

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Jacket looks dope but imo a bit too long, especially considering the fact that it's a moto jacket, which were historically on the short side!

Historically this model was on the long side. Whole point of this pattern. But this one seems longer than most. More Brimaco than Buco. Maybe the angle. Looks nice though.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Well its here!
Here are some very rushed fit pics as I'm on the way out this morning, not what I plan to wear it with normally.

Still stiff obviously as it has about 5 minutes wear time. My initial thoughts are the size is great, fine to wear with just a shirt (like in the pics) but enough room for another layer if needed. I've actually lost just under 10 pounds since providing my measurements and ordering the jacket....just a fitness thing, and the plan is to put it back on over the next few months and stabilise again at about 180lbs. So it will still fit great then.

Sleeves are perfect for a jacket that I will not ride in (as planned).

Chest pockets look the appropriate width ;) and are obviously in line.

The leather is amazing, for those interested it feels a little lighter than the Vicenza.

Overall, I love it! its the Buco I've always wanted.

I'll try to talk the wife into some better ones this weekend.

View attachment 31361
View attachment 31362
View attachment 31363
I dig that length. If I remember correctly, did you have one 18 months or so ago, and it came in a bit short? I would prefer a bit of extra length as opposed to that gut wrenching .5" short. I've just got to decide if I go seal shinki or the battle ready steer. Both are stunning. I'm also wondering if my chunky build will do the jacket justice. I'm so pumped for you mate, particularly with the customs wait. Enjoy it mate. I had lunch up at Doyles in Watsons bay last weekend, and this would be the perfect weight jacket to have, it got a bit fresh in the arv, and the ferry ride at 11pm was pretty nippy. Lucky we had been at the pub for 7 hours after lunch....looking forward to seeing some grain shots. Cheers.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Obviously the Buco J-100 is supposed to be a longer moto jacket, but I think its the combination of the poor angle on the mirror selfie and I'm wearing suit pants that have a higher rise than jeans that give the illusion its "too" long for some. Its about 1 inch longer than my Aero board racer, not an issue for me at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner