Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buy the jacket maker, not the Jacket!

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

Yesterday I received a new horsehide jacket with what appears to be a large burn mark on the front near the zipper. In the jacket makers' defense, he was very apologetic and is taking the jacket back. TBD whether he issues me a credit which is what I deserve under the circumstances. My point is, don't buy the jacket -- buy the jacket maker. Only do business with companies whose work is well-known and well-respected on fora like The Fedora Lounge. Don't waste your time and money with one-off jackets from leather shops that don't make their reputation selling horsehide jackets. Stick with the big names. There's a reason they got to be big.

UPDATE: The leather shop is giving me a full refund. They are reputable, but I will never make that mistake again.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16736

Of course Lounge members who run small shops but specialize in horsehide jackets are great. Buy them. But stay away from the generalists who don't know horsehide from horse----! That is my point.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Of course Lounge members who run small shops but specialize in horsehide jackets are great. Buy them. But stay away from the generalists who don't know horsehide from horse----! That is my point.
Agreed. My best jacket is Superior Flight Apparel (Fishmeok) - as good as anything by Aero/Eastman etc.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Agreed. My best jacket is Superior Flight Apparel (Fishmeok) - as good as anything by Aero/Eastman etc.

I can see that after seeing some of his work here and on his website, and after talking with him for a bit the other night hashing out details of what I will order. He talked me out of a couple of things I thought I wanted that in theory sound good, but are not practicable when actually making jackets. The man obviously knows his stuff, and I'm psyched and can hardly wait to finally receive my jacket. :D I'm certain I'll want 2 at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24