Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying a Panama in the USA

SteveN

One of the Regulars
Greetings All,

I'm going to be in the USA on a business trip taking me to L.A., Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta and New York in late October & early November.

Can anyone recommend a hat shop in any of these places to pick up a top quality Panama hat? Any make/brand will do, as long as it's of good quality.

All suggestions for Panama hats, or other vintage shops, much appreciated.

Cheers,
- SteveN

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Hi and welcome SteveN,
Off hand...I would say Bencraft in NY...they're advertisers here...and Steven is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Now this is just the first I could come up with...I'm sure others will come up with more...:D
CJ

SteveN

One of the Regulars
Thanks Colby.

Anyone else have any suggested hatters in any of those cities? Surely there must be more than one place in the USA to buy Panamas!

Cheers,
- Steve

Colby Jack said:
Hi and welcome SteveN,
Off hand...I would say Bencraft in NY...they're advertisers here...and Steven is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Now this is just the first I could come up with...I'm sure others will come up with more...:D
CJ

duggap

Banned
I think most of us here buy our Panama hats from Panama Bob. This however, requires you to order off his website. Most hat shops have a few Panama hats but for something special with a high weave per square inch count we go to Bob who gets them from the source in Equador.

Aerol

A-List Customer
Other cities

In Chicago, Optimo.

In Honolulu, Newt at the Royal.

JJ Hat Center in New York has gotten some press recently, but I have no experience with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace