Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying Navy Peacoats

Oli2012

New in Town
Hi

I'm looking for US navy peacoats, particularly the ones with kersey wool.

Can anyone recommend a good place to find them?

Most of the ones I find on ebay are in terrible condition.

I remember there was a store (Vintage Trends) but it appears to have closed down.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I fond my 60s one on eBay, for me it was just a question of spending the time and waiting for the right one to turn up for sale. Mine was owned by a radioman and is pretty much in mint condition, it looks like it was barely worn.
Sizing varies quite a bit between contractors i think, so make sure you look at measurements and not tag size.

Peacoat

Bartender
Yes, Vintage Trends is no longer in business as far as I can tell. Toward the end there, the grading of the condition of the jackets was suspect. Ebay is probably your best bet.

As Carlos said above, check the measurements, especially the p2p and the sleeve length. There is the occasional anomaly in the sizing, and some of the sleeves have been shortened.

Below is the link to my guide on peacoats. There is a section on sizing at the end.

Good luck and welcome to the Lounge.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-dating-the-united-states-navy-peacoat.72058/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL