Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cagleco G-1

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cagleco Sportswear, which became Ralph Edwards Sportswear in 1957, had six contracts for G-1s from 1954 to 1957. This jacket is from their penultimate contract from 1957. It is in near mint condition, with just a few repaired moth nips. The goatskin is in beautiful condition as is the lining and the dark mouton collar. It is a size 42 and I'm very pleased with the fit.

The jacket belonged to Belonged to LCDR H.P. Pruitt – Flight Officer (Communications/Intelligence).He served in Korea and Vietnam; late in his career was a member of the USN Airborne Early Warning Squadron 4 (VW4) – the Hurricane Hunters. This unit also tracked submarines as well.The squadron is famous for flying into Hurricanes and tropical storms!

pak

One of the Regulars
I had a size 46 in that jacket I bought in 1972 for the princely sum of $35 USD. It was a touch too large so I passed it to a friend. They are nice jackets. A size 42 would have stayed, I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran