Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

Strider

One of the Regulars
I could have sworn I posted on this thread, but I don't see my post anywhere. I'm in San Diego, CA. :D

tallyho

One of the Regulars
South Orange County...........specificly Ladera Ranch. Grew up in old town Orange. I sure miss the vintage stores there! not a one down here in "Stepford"!

dostacos

Practically Family
Diamond Bar, Ca. about 30 miles east of Downtown LA and about 15 miles north of the "happiest place on earth" where the 57 and the 60 cross just follow the powerline:eek:

Novella

Practically Family
Thin Man said:
The wife and I live in Fremont, California (which is frankly dead when it comes to culture).

That's where I grew up! And you're right, it's not exactly overflowing with culture. Niles is nice though.

Shearer

Practically Family
tallyho said:
South Orange County...........specificly Ladera Ranch. Grew up in old town Orange. I sure miss the vintage stores there! not a one down here in "Stepford"!

lol I had to laugh at your comment about "Stepford." I work (read: practically LIVE) in OC and know Ladera well. I call it La-Scare-a, and I've made many a Stepford comment about it myself. My brother-in-law works for K. Hov and ran the Skye Isle development.

Anyway, I might as well check in: I split my time (what little there is of it) between North San Diego and San Clemente.

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
The Town.

466057927_l.gif

for better or worse, i have basically always lived in Oakland. save for the last few years back east freezing to death in Rhode Island.

Location, location, location

RondoHatton, native Californian, at your service in West Toluca Lake.
John in Covina said:
I live close to Sierra Madre where they filmed the original "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" with Kevin McCarthy. The traingle in the center of town is still there. Chilling to see the trucks come in to distribute the "Pods" there.
I always thought that was Beechwood Canyon Village in Hollywood under the sign?
And the bridge over the Cauhenga Pass/101 Fwy from Cauhenga Blvd. West / Ventura Blvd. east/west to Cauhenga Blvd (south) at the Ford (nee Pilgrimage) Theatre for the "...you're next!..." ending?

Byas a drink, Tony?

Smyat

One of the Regulars
Sacramento

Huh. Maybe I missed one in here, but I appear to the be only one hailing from Sacramento (just north of, actually). I do note some born, raised or formerly resident here, but all have moved on.

Me, I'm aiming for Manhattan... soon, for some values of soon. :)

Thin Man said:
The wife and I live in Fremont, California (which is frankly dead when it comes to culture). We head to San Francisco to strut ourselves in our vintage style.

Please define culture.
As far as I am concerned, Fremont is just fine. Low traffic, easy to find parking spaces, clean, no tripping over bums, reasonable housing stock for the price and centrally located to everything you might need. [huh]

Regards,

J

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
As a naturalized citizen of the Bay Area, I live in Redwood City (94061).

I was born in San Diego to immigrants from Oklahoma. That is to say, the hospital was in San Diego (Hillside) but we lived in Chula Vista. I spent most of my formative years in Garden Grove, then we returned to Chula Vista when I was in high school.

It's a long story that brought me to make the Bay Area my home, so I'll just list the other California cities I've lived in:

Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Mountain View.
Vista, Solana Beach, Del Mar, Cardiff by the Sea.
Riverside, San Bernardino.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I'm from all over California...
Born in Canoga Park, raised in Reseda, had my teen-adult years in Concord, and have spent most of my married years in San Diego and now Carlsbad.

I lived elsewhere, but I like it here best.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24