Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling on all AERO "Happy Days" Jacket owners...

repo

Familiar Face
Well if you go with an inside pocket, consider not getting the fastener like Fanch (zips have their problems too). Here's my HWM:

HWM_zps537f045e.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Another reason to opt for goat it seems. No trace at all of the two pistol pockets I have. I think I have the jacket for two and a half years now. I seldom use the studs, though. I wouldn't want to miss the pockets. Actually, Ken wasn't happy about adding one to my recent Rockafella, but I insisted on having at least one. I am glad he didn't refuse.

Aero doesn't do Shinki, Dave....
But it IS amazing stuff. Take a look at Superfluous's Goodwear Imperial.
That's the stuff.

Last edited:

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
Aero doesn't do Shinki, Dave....
But it IS amazing stuff. Take a look at Superfluous's Goodwear Imperial.
That's the stuff.

If Aero don't do it then I won't bother. It's definitely the Aero "Happy Days" Jacket. It's now only about the leather.

I have sent an email to Denny asking him if there is a mid-weight HH in a mid-brown. I'm waiting for his reply.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Isn't Thurston just an Aero stockist in the US? And if so, why would they have different leathers to Aero?

If I've misread correct me, but I think Thurston purchases the leather themselves and ships it or has it delivered to Aero. Because it's their leather, they have rights to it.

pawineguy

One Too Many
If I've misread correct me, but I think Thurston purchases the leather themselves and ships it or has it delivered to Aero. Because it's their leather, they have rights to it.

Exactly - They sourced this particular leather with Goodwear and yes, they actually ship it over to Aero from the tannery. It's not unusual for stock lists to develop their own styles or leathers to differentiate themselves and give some "value-added".

Edward

Bartender
I've handled that Thurston horse. It's beautiful, though I think there's an upcharge because it is significantly more expensive to buy in. I didn't feel it was better, certainly not to the extent of being worth paying more for than the regular fqhh or w.h.y., but ymmv.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The reason I suggested it for Dave is its a slightly lighter weight option than the FQHH. Around the same weight but a better option than the standard Aero MWHH, I think the lighter hides are probably better suited for the Australian Climate.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I hate to sound like an old cliche but consider one of Aero's veg tanned goatskin that has great texture, substance, and flexibility, and would IMO be a perfect choice for a Happy Days jacket. The veg tanned goatskin is totally different from the thinner chrome tanned goat used on my G&B Expedition, Cooper G-1, and others that I have owned in the past. Maybe ask for samples to be sent to you, although samples don't reflect the finished product. If you do ask for samples of cotton drill too so you can see how nice and substantial Aero's cotton drill is as well as their goatskin. Of course ask for samples of MHHH as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ