Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Campdrafting

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Just wondering ...

I'm looking for a lightly used Campdraft, either willow green or brown, in a 60 or 61.

I thought I'd check here before trying to figure out where to order overseas.

PM me if you got one.

Thanks,

Sam

Dundee

A-List Customer
I know that you are looking for a green or brown. I have a silver belly tan in your size if you would be interested in another color.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Hey Sam,

You and I wear the same size hat (I bought the silverbelly from Dundee above) which is a pretty rare size. If you get any responses or pass on any nice hats that size send them my way. I have a thread here too looking for a couple different styles. If I find anything I think you'd be interested in I'll pm you.

Terry

Consider this your bump for today - LOL

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Terry,
I haven't passed up any in the colors I'm seeking, cuz they haven't come up, but I wish you great good luck.
It stinks to have a head this big.
I've got a buddy who wears a size 7.
He can have any hat he wants and at almost no charge.
Last fall I made him a gift of a brand new condition, medium grey Stetson Whippet that I found at our Salvation Army. I think it cost four bucks.
That's just because no one is looking for vintage dress hats for children ... OK, that's what I told him when I presented the hat with all the charm I could muster ... the CREEP!
Anyway ... good luck in the hunt,

Sam

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Hadn't thought of that, but ... woo-haw!

I recently tried on a Borsalino that was very OR looking, yet it was like a date with Marilyn Monroe! I have owned lots of great hats, been collecting seriously since 1974, and never tried anything like this
Deep, dark brown, bound brim, narrow ribbon, wind trolley and such an amazingly RICH feel
The ONLY down side was the pricetag ... quite out of my budget, though I'm tempted to find out if there is a lay-away plan that could stretch out over the next few years!

I did recently get a new sweat in my Stratoliner, which was otherwise just like new and I have a Dobbs Westward that I plan on having the same done ... this is at Wichita Hat Works and my-goodness, they do terrific work.

So I am looking better on SB narrow ribbons now.

If only I could stop thinking about that Borsalino ...

Sam

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Price tags can be a problem.:) it's hard around here when you see others buying hat after hat. I looking at it as a long term thing after years of collecting I focus on one manufactor (Mallory) in my case. Then I pick up hats by style an colors I need for the colors that I wear all the time. This summer I have bought a few Milans as I like that style.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Yeah, I love the milans, too, but I'm also a sucker for the coconut straws.

I have a bunch of felts that I've kept nice for over 30 years. I just wish I would have paid more attention to my straws when I was young. I had great panamas and leghorns that is just used up, wearing them to work in the summer, like there would always be more.

You are right, though, one has to chose what works for him and then stick with that.

It's just that the Borsalino would work so well ANYTIME the temperature is under, say, 75.

Sam

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I just fell into a great way to put body back into a lite straw. Still experimenting with it, but so far so good. I'll add a new thread in the proper area soon.

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot