Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I have your opinion on an Aero Board Racer I just got from the Blue Label page?

Edward

Bartender
Good choice. When I've been n the market for a jacket, I'd have been cock-a-hoop to find one that fits and looks so well at that discount.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Just a final thing, before fit pics tomorrow (while I sleep on it). I really couldn't ask for a better fit (for me), which I think means that the minor flaws should be ignored, given it is also with me right now and £150 less than a custom build. Plus, it'll cost me £20 to return, so it is really £170 more for a custom fit (and a wait of a few months of course). Right now I'm actually leaning towards keeping and wearing it the way it was designed to be worn ;)
Greetings Redsox:
Good idea, wear it. Put yourself out of your misery...wear it, order the custom, sell it when the custom is done. Killed all birds all together.
Or..wear it..order the custom..keep both..and post multiple pics along the way. You get to live and learn. We get to dig it.
Winner..Winner!!
Be well. Bowen

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Mismatched panels in this instance wouldn't bother me in the least. The only issue would be how the BR fits you which appears exemplary from what I can see from your pictures. The longer you wear your jacket, the less noticeable any "mismatch" will be. With a custom jacket such as this one, any perceived minor cosmetic "defect" will eventually add character to your BR. Congratulations on a fine acquisition at a fantastic price. :cool:

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I have come to a conclusion...it;s a keeper :)
You have chosen wisely!
You-Have-Chosen-Wisely.jpg

Kuro

Practically Family
What other makers/manufacturers do you recommend?

I recently got rid of all of my Aeros from the Mark Moye days and went on a Aero buying bender, over $6000 for six jackets, and every one of them was wrong. I ordered two at a time and each time between feeling sorry for Kens tribulations, trusting his judgement and believing that there had simply been a hiccup on Aeros production mechanisms, I tried to live with most of them (one I just flat out returned for a refund), but never knew peace. Ultimately, they all went to ebay. My point is, they probably wont grow on you, actually you may come to resent them, I suggest cutting your loses asap and moving on, there are other jacket makers.

Kuro

Practically Family
Thank you for your insight.

Since you ask, for me, First Lost Worlds and second Simmons Bilt. Vanson makes some good stuff, (worst customer service EVER) but it's almost exclusively motorcycle oriented and the standard lining and pocket linings are appallingly flimsy, if you're not tall, then Schott can be ok, if you choose wisely, I am 6ft tall and can't wear their jackets, not all their offerings are US made. Really I would advise picking carefully and minding return policies, ask them questions and listen to what they say and also what they DON'T say (think used car dealer). I have squandered a kings ransom through foolish choices and stubbornness, I wish I had returned many more than I did. This is just my opinion based on my experiences. There are other makers that I have no experience with that may be good as well.

zebedee

One Too Many
Keeping it is the right choice. Out of the Aeros I've bought, the Highwayman had a scar in the front panel on arrival (I hated it, I kept it anyway; now I don't care), a Stockman had a fingernail-sized patch fall off the underarm on day two of owning it (no-one can see it, I don't care about it), the Long Half-Belt had a zip that did (and still) sticks (I rarely zip it) and it bleeds like it has garden hoses for veins. All of these were bought new and, over the years, none of these issues stands out. The jackets have been round the globe, protected me from broken glass, slept in outside, praised, criticised, laughed at and lauded.

You'll forget about the panel.

Last edited:

Menocore

New in Town
Lurking around the forum for some time and inspired by this thread, I ordered a Blue Label CR.

Could not be more happy with it. There are some tiny blemishes on the leather but these are really hardly noticeable. Have to say the Blue Label is a great and affordable way to start one's Aero journey.

BL-CR.jpg

Fit pic(s) maybe once I lost my shyness and when I can actually move around in that thing...

Regards,

Max

ksozay

One Too Many
Lurking around the forum for some time and inspired by this thread, I ordered a Blue Label CR.

Could not be more happy with it. There are some tiny blemishes on the leather but these are really hardly noticeable. Have to say the Blue Label is a great and affordable way to start one's Aero journey.

View attachment 111527

Fit pic(s) maybe once I lost my shyness and when I can actually move around in that thing...

Regards,

Max

Great pickup Max! Great color and looks like a beautiful jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot