Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you help ID these boots?

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
This is a photo that was posted sometime back. I'm curious what the shoes are the couple of guys are wearing in the front with the white dots on the soles? Does anyone have an idea?

whitespots.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
They're modern repros of '30s vintage American work boots.
The spots are like you see on the old "Cat's Paw" soles.

Difficult to say which particular brand they are- there are some US made ones ("Whites", for instance)and I think some Japanese made- you see them on the Japanese web-shops that sell the repro A-2 flight jackets, etc.

Look at post #29 on this thread and you'll see them-

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4458&highlight='30s+work+boots

JUST what you're looking for.

You're welcome!;)

BT

jml90

One of the Regulars
Blackgrass said:
This is a photo that was posted sometime back. I'm curious what the shoes are the couple of guys are wearing in the front with the white dots on the soles? Does anyone have an idea?

whitespots.jpg
They're probably repro of some kind Japansese love repro american,but if you don't need the whte dots check out Redwing

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys!
I recently got a pair of 6" cap toe Chippewa's but keep noticing a bunch of great looking boots out there. I'm dreaming of some of those White's and European Red Wings....maybe someday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR