Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you wear your hat in YOUR vehicle?

Legal Concepts

One of the Regulars
I drive a Ford Ranger '84 model and darn the luck, if I'm wearing a Fedora, it will be rubbing against the headliner! THERE ISN'T MUCH ROOM!!!!:rolleyes:

So how many of you have problems with vehicles without enough headroom to wear your hats?

Lee M Roberts

Familiar Face
Earlier cars (Most) were built with this consideration in mind:) late cars dont seem to be considerate in this way. Yet another reason for buying a vintage :)

I can wear a Trilby in my car and there is still around 4 or 5 inches to spare.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I wish I had my 40 Buick

Only 5' 10" gee I wish! I can wear my hat in the Jetta, the Ranger, and the Avalon. No problem. My work car, a Ford Crown Victoria, well, the hat has to come off to manage thru the door not getting in, but out. Funny.

Now I used to own, but sold. a 1940 Buick 56-S. That puppy, tall roof..you could wear a top hat.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I know I've posted this before

But hey, my mind's shot, so it's all new to me...

Walter Chrysler answered criticism that his cars were too tall and boxy (when many other makers were going for long & low) by saying, "We make cars to sit in, not to piss over!"

He felt that all his company's cars should allow a man to wear his hat while driving.

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
There?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s plenty of room, height wise, in my Toyota Matrix, but if I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m not careful the brim will hit the head rest on the seat.

rick5150

One of the Regulars
Since I am 5'7" short and drive a Jeep Wrangler, I can wear 3 hats stacked on top of each other. I usually do not though as it tends to attract unwanted police attention.

spiridon

A-List Customer
rick5150 said:
Since I am 5'7" short and drive a Jeep Wrangler, I can wear 3 hats stacked on top of each other. I usually do not though as it tends to attract unwanted police attention.

LMAO @ that image!! I have no problem either, I'm about the same height as rick5150 and have room to spare in my Altima.

Rigby Reardon

One of the Regulars
5'8"-5'9" (hey, it changes) and I've got room in my XTerra.

Barely even brush the headrest if the back is turned up...can't drive with the back of the brim down, though... :rolleyes: ...hat keeps popping off my head! :p

I'd never go without a headrest, but I assume the advent of headrests caused some consternation to hat wearers at the time...

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I have a Saturn Ion Quad Coupe.

I can wear my softer fedoras -- just turn down the back brim.

My cowboy Gus hat, no, nor the harder Akubras. I can't wear the Gus even if the head rest was gone -- it hits the top of the car.

Of course, my B!Wear caps are no problem at all.....

karol

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The 1950 Packard accomodates a 6 footer with hat and plenty of room to spare!:cool2:
00frontseatd1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24