Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canadians in the Lounge?

giovanni

Familiar Face
Is that typically Canadian? I am unconcerned about upsetting people most of the time! Unless, he's a truck driving Canadian from Lumby--do you do the paragliding?

Is it as beautiful there as people say?

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Is that typically Canadian? I am unconcerned about upsetting people most of the time! Unless, he's a truck driving Canadian from Lumby--do you do the paragliding?

Is it as beautiful there as people say?

Well here's a little story,my Dad RIP was a paratrooper in Korea and my sister asked him if he said Geronimo when he jumped,my Dad's answer....no I said heeellllpppp!! so not into the paragliding thing.As far as beauty the plus about B.C. in general is that we have whatever type of scenery you would like from beaches,deserts,flat farm land,mountains ect. all in the same province.I've been across this country quite a few times and I've always said if I could get somebody to move the mountains to Nova Scotia that's where I'd go but they're not moving all that quick so I guess this is the next best thing.Only my opinion

Last edited:

giovanni

Familiar Face
I agree with you on that one! You are a good guy, ever in Toronto--I'd gladly have you for dinner...Just don't tell the wife I met you on the internet--she'd think that's totally weird.

She ain't no crazy horse, like yours!

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I agree with you on that one! You are a good guy, ever in Toronto--I'd gladly have you for dinner...Just don't tell the wife I met you on the internet--she'd think that's totally weird.

She ain't no crazy horse, like yours!
Horse Crazy not Crazy Horse he was an Indian.....her only addiction but it's not curable,another reason I can't afford to "buy" you only say that cause you haven't met me yet,just kidding.Don't get out east much anymore just local hauling had the old heart attack thing a bunch of years ago,pretty much took care of the long hauling thing,have a brother in Ottawa and another in the Sault so you never know and yea I'd just tell her you picked me up on Younge(haha)

giovanni

Familiar Face
You have more than one horse!! It's not so much lack of interest than lack of means--I can't afford horsies. Perhaps costs in Toronto are different than in your neck of the woods, but I doubt it--at least a third of my salary would have to go to the upkeep of a single horse in Toronto

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
You have more than one horse!! It's not so much lack of interest than lack of means--I can't afford horsies. Perhaps costs in Toronto are different than in your neck of the woods, but I doubt it--at least a third of my salary would have to go to the upkeep of a single horse in Toronto

Yea I know people in Vancouver that pay more for boarding their horses than I charge to rent my basement suite out,and I only wished I had one but it's better than it was we're down to 6 from 13 but we also board horses so there are a total of 10 here right now,but we're usually full for the winter so that will make it 14 in total to look after for the winter.

Duper

Practically Family
I subscribe to the Lounge from Canada's capital. Just a few more months and the worlds longest skating rink will be in full swing. The new combination football and soccer stadium is under construction and the new still unnamed CFL team coming soon. Semi-pro basketball next year and a new soccer club on the horizon as well. But like the rest of North America, no NHL.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Hey Duper nice to hear from another canuck,my middle brother lives in Ottawa on Prince of Whales he skates on the canal every winter.As far as the NHL I'm on the players side and after giving the league I think it's up to 6 different proposals I'd tell them to stick their season where the sun don't shine,just my opinion.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I would say Langley is in the Fraser Valley; the Fraser River runs right past Fort Langley, the birthplace of BC! :D

Hi again,that being said the valley then should technically run from Hope to Delta no?Please forgive us folks from the interior,Okanagan to be exact.It's nice to have a B.C. contingent on the lounge.The wife's family are all down on the coast Surrey, White Rock ect we're supposedly heading that way for Christmas("yes dear")this year.Thanks for the info on Ft. Langley I didn't realize that.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
By the way Mr.Gin&Tonic you do of course realize we're going to catch some flack about our posts about Jesus on the other thread?Like you said aint it always the way.

"They hated me, they shall hate you also"

"Blessed is the man who is persecuted for my sake"

Fine by me! :D I'm not afraid of a good discussion.

Besides, I'm not the one who brought up religion in the first place, so they at least can't blame me for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch