Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canadians in the Lounge?

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
shindeco said:
And Toronto would be lovely if it weren't for all the Torontonians?:p

(Vancouver)

Just kidding about the Toronto thing. I like to play with the stereotype even though I have not really come across that attitude in Toronto of Torontonians feeling they are more important than everyone else. When people visit, they expect it and are surprised at how friendly we are here. This IS Canada after all, the land of politeness.

Talk to people from Montreal and they will tell you the same. They are saddled with the reputation of being rude anglo haters, but when you visit, the exact opposite it true. They are fun loving party animals in the true stereotype of mediterannean europeans.

~Kate~

New in Town
I'm currently living in Waterloo(Ontario), but I move a lot . Nice to know I'm not the only Canadian on here :) Canada always seems so underrepresented in the Vintage community!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I'm from Toronto. Is it just me or is it hard to find good vintage clothing in this city?

Not if you're a woman and you know where to shop. lol Seriously though, have you perused Kensington Market, or Queen West? Kensington is kind of seedy, but if you can brave the smells, there are some good finds.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Woo, another Albertan on here, I see there's a few. I live in a small city, an hour south of Edmonton and three hours north of Calgary, but I visit both rather often. :D

DNO

One Too Many
Just realized that I posted to the Torontonians thread but not this one...so...

Another Canuck here...Toronto born and raised, but don't despair, I have immediate relatives in Calgary and Prince George as well as cousins in Quebec.

TCMfan25

Practically Family
00448229_.jpg

How far is Winnipeg from Montreal?

Guess the movie and I'll give you a hug :confused:.

ToucanSam23

New in Town
Not if you're a woman and you know where to shop. lol Seriously though, have you perused Kensington Market, or Queen West? Kensington is kind of seedy, but if you can brave the smells, there are some good finds.

I have been to Kensington. T'was very seedy and I didn't like any of the stores other than Courage My Love...

59Lark

Practically Family
I live in southern ontario halfway between detroit and toronto give or take, woodstock ontario are claim to fame is the toyota car plant. Which more than half the workers live elsewhere. There is almost no place to buy retro expect flea markets or antique malls which we do have, we truck out once a week to two or three. I have seen some fedoras none my size and not too many clothing items. 59LARK

DNO

One Too Many
I live in southern ontario halfway between detroit and toronto give or take, woodstock ontario are claim to fame is the toyota car plant. Which more than half the workers live elsewhere. There is almost no place to buy retro expect flea markets or antique malls which we do have, we truck out once a week to two or three. I have seen some fedoras none my size and not too many clothing items. 59LARK

I've had some good luck in thrift stores, specifically Goodwill and Value Village. Any of those in your neck-of-the-woods? If so, you could try there.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
There is another thread listed under events that has a listing of us Canadians also and it's last posts seem to be a little newer so maybe if we could figure this out we could all get on the same page,maybe plan some meet and greets ect.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Well, surprised I haven't seen this thread before! Welcome to all the new members from Canada, and hearty greetings to the veteran members from Canada!

I'm North Vancouver born and raised, currently living in the valley just east of Vancouver.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Canada it's Grey Cup time who you picking,I figure TO by 11 what do the rest of you say?It's a Canadian thread
folks we allowed to wave the Maple Leaf once in a while.(as long as we apologize afterwards)haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points