Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cancer fundraiser. How much can Fedora Lounge help?

Trickeration

Practically Family
I know there is an event topic about the 24 hour danceathon, but this post is about the donations rather than the where and when of the event. So I hope I don't annoy the bartenders by posting a parallel thread.

Anyway, I'll get right to the point. The topic of cancer has been in several threads on the board lately. I'm so glad to see us encouraging one another to get cancer screenings and tests done. Several of us have been affected by cancer.

I know it's a lot to ask, and I totally understand if you're not able to help right now, but I'd like to see a lot more donations for the danceathon come in from Fedora Lounge members. Even if it's just $5, in the end, it all adds up. The money is going straight to City Of Hope hospital to fund research. We watch it get handed over at the close of the event. Here are the links to mine and Dr. Shockers donation pages. They use Paypal and donating is not nearly as uncomfortable as those tests we've been discussing. :rolleyes:

Those of us participating would love to say that Fedora Lounge is backing us. And we'd like to be there for you, too. Thanks!

Trickeration http://www.danceathon.org/index.php?loadbody=mip&mid=150

Dr. Shocker http://www.danceathon.org/index.php?loadbody=mip&mid=302

PS: I'd be happy to represent anyone who has had cancer, or dance on behalf of a loved one. You can PM me and I'll add the name/names to the ones I'll be wearing at the dance. You don't have to donate for me to do this.

Trickeration

Practically Family
*BUMP*

One week to go folks. Please help with this.

I know there are so many great events to go to and there's always another amazing hat or dress calling our names (I've banished myself from eBay until this is over), but this is only once a year, and it really is for a good cause.

And I want to thank those of you who have donated to myself and Dr. Shocker so far. Your support means so much to all of the people involved in this event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy