Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Can't Forget About You"

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been interested in Golden Age style ever since my early childhood, watching Jeeves & Wooster and Poirot (Suchet version).

I am also a rap fan (though quite selective as to which rap) and I saw a video from my favorite rapper that was, in many ways, a throwback to the time we know and love. I think he captured its spirit.

Can't Forget About You
by Nas

What do you guys think?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I resent that remark. Nas is actually a remarkably skilled poet and lyricist. I understand that his work might not be to everyone's liking but he is undoubtedly talented.

I personally thought it was creative to make a song that showed the parallels of hip hop's golden age with THE Golden Age.

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Golden era and golden era. Love it!

Holler! Although it wasnt something as neat as LL Cool J's b/w "goin back to cali" music video. But it had some good old flavour to it.

Btw. There was a 1930'ish movie with outkast or something. Was it any good?

idlewild3011606.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Not much for rap; so far from it, in fact, that I'd never even heard of Nas or Chrissete until just now, but I like this. (Fortunately, my parents instilled in me an appreciation for music in any form.) I also like the Unforgettable riff in this song, and the actual song at the end. I've always loved that song. I have both Nat King and Natialie's versions of it.

Maybe it's the lighting, but that corridor he walks down (and adjusts his coat in) reminds me of the hotel lobby in Dark City.

Lee

They both have good voices. They compliment eachother.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran