Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canvas motorcycle saddlebag? Convert from rucksack?

JeffOYB

Vendor
I went to a huge motorcycle rally last weekend. Not all Harleys. Lots of variety. But all the luggage was black and nearly all was leather (a few hardshells).

(By the way I put up a dozen nifty moto pics of the rally at my OutYourBackDoor.com homepage---nearly all are vintage.)

Has anyone ever seen canvas saddlebags for motos?

I sell repurposed mil-sup items on my site to be used as street fashion and as bicycle luggage. I've had several requests for similar items to use as motorcycle luggage.

Think brown or olive drab canvas luggage would look or work good on a certain kind of motorcycle? Did vintage motos use any canvas as luggage?

I know the virtues and reasons for leather and black, but there has to be room for some variety.

I really like the idea of luggage that can be used as a rucksack. Or which is converted from a rucksack/shoulderbag and can be easily converted back. I'm considering a few items right now. But I don't have a moto myself.

Anyone have any tips on items that might work? Pics or stories?

I'm also working on a project to find a mil-sup canvas bag (pack or shoulderbag) that can convert to a larger rear-rack bicycle pannier. I have 2 items that convert to small pans already. Size= 11-12" by 13-16". I'm testing for this, too.

Well, I thought I'd put the bug in your ear! Thanks, JP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails