Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caretaker guzzles $100,000 worth of vintage whiskey

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Here's a story that cracked me up but also broke my heart. This house was the childhood home of one of my best friends, who passed away a few years ago. It's in southwestern Pennsylvania, in the heart of the old coal country. In its hey day Scottdale, PA was close to being the coal capitol of the world.
The one time I stayed there, in 1970, I loved it, but I have to say, it was a spooky old pile. It's been fixed up beautifully now.
Anyhow, my friend Kevin found this whisky hidden in the carriage house. He was VERY careful about divvying it out. I received approximately 2 cc's on one occasion. Smooooooth.
That old barn had many treasures, vintage gowns, the wing of a 1910 glider the my friend's Uncle Bill had built and flown off a cliff (not fatally).
Anyhow, enjoy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inking-100-000-dollars-worth-old-whiskey.html

Interesting that the story appears in a UK paper.

Last edited:

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Boy, oh boy..
[size=+2]"[/size]John Saunder went through 48 bottles of Old Farm Pure Rye Whiskey, valued at $102,400.[size=+2]"[/size]

Poor Mr. Saunder, he's a raving alcoholic.. and there should be a special - "vintage" place for him at the AA meetings. :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner