Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Castro Steps Aside

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I saw a special on PBS a coupl years ago. Cuba has the largest number of working vintage cars in the world & they are quite proud of them. Showed them rebuilding a rusted out hulks. The new engine was to be scavenged from a forklift. The mechanic pointed to an 8 year old & said the car was being built for his father, but someday it would be the boy's car.

Tony in Tarzana said:
'Root, one reason why all those old Plymouths are still running is because the Russians copied the old Plymouth flathead 6 engine and used it in their trucks for many years after Plymouth quit making them, so parts and entire engines are still available.

I read an article in Car and Driver years ago that basically said that the mechanics in Cuba are so skilled at keeping the old cars alive that they could practically build a 1954 Plymouth from scratch using Russian truck running gear.

Dietrich

New in Town
Close Shave said:
"And he gave it for his opinion, that whoever could make two ears of corn, or two blades of grass, to grow upon a spot of ground where only one grew before, would deserve better of mankind, and do more essential service to his country, than the whole race of politicians put together."

Jonathan Swift

That man is Dr Norman Borlaug, undoubtedly the greatest human being ever to have lived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy