Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chamois shirts: decent manufacturers?

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
In the winter, I wear chamois shirts anytime I can. JC Penney used to have them under the St. John's bay brand and I believe Sears sold them under the Fieldmaster brand. But that is no more. I've seen brands like Codet (big bill) which I might try but I'm looking for other brands, hopefully American made. BTW, I wear a large tall which makes the current Woolrich travesty useless to me.

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Best I've found that aren't outrageously priced are LL Bean (the signature line has nice ones too) and Eddie Bauer. Cabela's are ok too.

All of the above sell tall sizes, but Bauer fits me best. Good luck finding USA made in tall sizes though.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
https://www.insidehook.com/article/style/the-best-chamois-shirts-fall

There's a range of chamois shirts on the above address, however mine are home grown. My missus found that the leather rucked when sewing, even though she was using the correct sewing machine needle, known as, spearpoint. To overcome that she doubled the thickness of the button and button hole area, the pockets and the collar, inserting interfacing as she went along and the whole thing was much more presentable.

chamois leather shirt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran